Eating out close to Gravelines,Dunkirque,Arques,Bray Dunes (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mmmm well I don't seem to want to sleep tonight so I thought I would put a bit of information on for you Funsters.

This is a Restaurant in a small Flemish village of Stavele in Belgium....it is only just over the Border of northern France very close to the Aire Hondschoote(6 miles-10km) most of you may have been to, either stop or collect water, or dump your toilet and grey water, it is very close to Bray Dunes (25 miles- 40km), Dunkerque (35 miles-56km), Arques(25 miles-40km), Gravelines (39 miles-63km)...Well worth a visit..the Restaurant is very different with good food, a good atmosphere and a good flamboyant host, who speaks Flemish Belg, French, a good bit of English and I would think also German.

The Restaurant is at the side of the canal bridge with parking around the back, and if you have a kind word with your Host IRIS you may also be allowed to stop over night in the car park...Free,

There is also a canal landing point if you are coming by a waterway boat and a beer garden at the rear.......

The food is not expensive compared to eating out in this day and age....may be on the rustic side but excellent food,Charcoutery all made on the premises.

Now Iris has been on French and Belgium Television.....and if you want to keep on her good side she does like Macintoshes Chocolates.......from the UK.

Now we arrived on the Tuesday dinner time......only to find out it should be closed...BUT we had a stroke of luck as Iris had opened up for about 50 cyclist's so we allowed in to eat,

Now the normal charcoutery room was closed, were you serve yourself but it was still a good menu,

What did we have to eat,Well it arrived on a wooden board with a handle a large slice of nutty brown bread with a thick slice of Pate x 2 one each (for two of us), our friends had the same but with cheese, or you could have meat...it was called a sandwich that was 6 euros each, served up with gherkins and silver skin onions,mustard, and a Home made tub of dripping.Mmmmm.and of course butter, we also had a plate of Charcoutery meats this was quite a big plate with many different meats, sausages,Pate, and one boiled egg....and the cost of that was 8 euros....or we could have had if had been open the serve yourself charcoutery and salad dishes for about 17 euros per person...

I will put you a couple of links on to see what it is like.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eErkLIC4l4M[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGaASkaEMYE[/ame]

Link Removed

Bon Appetit.....................::bigsmile::beer:

Also.....it may not be for the faint hearted as there are quite a few Brassieres hanging all around the room from the rafters....

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mmmm well I don't seem to want to sleep tonight so I thought I would put a bit of information on for you Funsters.

This is a Restaurant in a small Flemish village of Stavele in Belgium....it is only just over the Border of northern France very close to the Aire Hondschoote(6 miles-10km) most of you may have been to, either stop or collect water, or dump your toilet and grey water, it is very close to Bray Dunes (25 miles- 40km), Dunkerque (35 miles-56km), Arques(25 miles-40km), Gravelines (39 miles-63km)...Well worth a visit..the Restaurant is very different with good food, a good atmosphere and a good flamboyant host, who speaks Flemish Belg, French, a good bit of English and I would think also German.

The Restaurant is at the side of the canal bridge with parking around the back, and if you have a kind word with your Host IRIS you may also be allowed to stop over night in the car park...Free,

There is also a canal landing point if you are coming by a waterway boat and a beer garden at the rear.......

The food is not expensive compared to eating out in this day and age....may be on the rustic side but excellent food,Charcoutery all made on the premises.

Now Iris has been on French and Belgium Television.....and if you want to keep on her good side she does like Macintoshes Chocolates.......from the UK.

Now we arrived on the Tuesday dinner time......only to find out it should be closed...BUT we had a stroke of luck as Iris had opened up for about 50 cyclist's so we allowed in to eat,

Now the normal charcoutery room was closed, were you serve yourself but it was still a good menu,

What did we have to eat,Well it arrived on a wooden board with a handle a large slice of nutty brown bread with a thick slice of Pate x 2 one each (for two of us), our friends had the same but with cheese, or you could have meat...it was called a sandwich that was 6 euros each, served up with gherkins and silver skin onions,mustard, and a Home made tub of dripping.Mmmmm.and of course butter, we also had a plate of Charcoutery meats this was quite a big plate with many different meats, sausages,Pate, and one boiled egg....and the cost of that was 8 euros....or we could have had if had been open the serve yourself charcoutery and salad dishes for about 17 euros per person...

I will put you a couple of links on to see what it is like.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eErkLIC4l4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGaASkaEMYE

Link Removed

Bon Appetit.....................::bigsmile::beer:

Also.....it may not be for the faint hearted as there are quite a few Brassieres hanging all around the room from the rafters....

Mel:thumb:

The coordination's as near as I can say are...N50'56.591' E002'40.330

The Restaurant is at the side of a canal next to the metal Lift up bridge at the north side of Stavele.

Mel:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
The coordination's as near as I can say are...N50'56.591' E002'40.330

The Restaurant is at the side of a canal next to the metal Lift up bridge at the north side of Stavele.

Mel:thumb::thumb:

Just an update, there was TWO LARGE Slices of Brown Bread not one, with what ever you had ordered with them.....called a sandwich....it looked like they had sliced a large oval loaf length ways and not from side to side as normal...they were big slices, and very nice indeed a bit like a Granary type texture and flavour loaf........::bigsmile::thumb:

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back