Easy tow Jacking advice Please (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
I've just got an Easy Tow and am having trouble with the jacking system. I cant seem to get the jack to stay straight when jacking up, keeps collapsing. Is this a normal problem or am I doing something wrong. ( I'm sure someone is not going to resist the temptation to wise crack :) I would be tempted myself. )That aside I would be glad of a prompt response from someone who has overcome the problem or knows what I doing wrong ( Oh xxit its getting worse) :oops:
Solly

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I Googled Easy Tow & the only sensible result was for a firm that make A frames. Is that what you have?

OP
OP
Solly
May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
No Tony Its an Easytow Hydrotrail. There are people on here with them Its a lovely piece of equipment very well made but from what I can see the Jacking system leaves much to be desired. Ive tried doing a search on this forum but keeps coming up with nothing however I know post have bee made about them. Thanks for your prompt reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Solly
May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
Just realised Ive posted easy toe should be Easy Lifter Hydrotrail Im a plonker.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

Here's a link showing what to do don't know if it's any help to you?

OP
OP
Solly
May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
Thanks Speve I have seen that and did look again via your post. Sadly does not seem to work for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I assume it is mounted correctly on the motorhome. It will help if the motorhome and easy lifter are on a flat surface.

The pivot arm mountings for the jack and jack ground pad should all be roughly in line. The jack pad must be dropping vertically and adjusted for length as close to the ground as possible as this will take the weight of the platform and motorbike.

If they are not I suspect that the motorhome is low and the ground beneath the pad is too close for the jack pad length adjustment (Pin and "R" clip) to get vertical. The tow ball should be between 350 and 420mm.

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towbars/faq8.php#

There is only with a little bit of spare enough length in the ram to raise the the motorcycle platform. So if the motorhome is not level you may not be able to raise it high enough to refit the trolley wheels.

OP
OP
Solly
May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
Thanks Mike and others. finally worked it out. Seems you have to take the bottom pin out that hold the Pantheon arm in then push the jack right angle bar in the same hole place jack on top. works a treat. Looks a great piece of eqiupment its a shame there are not some good instructions. Anthony at Easylift is a lovely helpful guy. I brought the Easy lift second hand virtually unused. Anthony happily did the conversion bit for my MP3. When I asked him if there were any fitting instruction I got a couple of pages of pictures and basically told it can only go together one way. Well he is probably right for those with engineering experience. however PDCs like me have no chance :). I think I will hang onto my big bike trailer for a while just incase something goes wrong

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back