LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Quite a few of us have Remoska cookers so thought it might be useful to share recipes that we have tried - especially easy ones for the motorhome that don't need any special equipment(y)
We used up some stale bread with this bread pudding recipe that we made up & it cooked well & tasted good.
Mr Womble's Bread Pudding Recipe
IMG_20151101_190730919.jpg

400g bread
400ml milk
300g dried fruit
50g melted butter
2 eggs
sugar to sprinkle on top
Just break up the bread (we made this at home so just a few seconds in the food processor) & then add the milk so it all softens up. Add the fruit, melted butter & beaten eggs then squish it all together with your hands. Pop mixture into the greased baking tin (line if not non-stick) & cook in the Remoska for about 50 minutes or until as brown as you prefer. Leave to cool in the tin but remember to sprinkle some sugar over the top whilst still warm.
We used a mixture of sultanas, raisins & dates which with the sugar on top made the pudding sweet enough for us but if you have a sweet tooth you might want to add some to the recipe. We tried to use the minimum amount of butter to keep this as low fat as possible but again more can be added if you prefer a more moist & richer pudding. If you like spices then a little cinnamon enhances the flavours. We are planning to try modifying this recipe using grated apple so more like an apple cake next so have fun, experiment & share your recipes on here please:)

Last edited:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Found this information online and thought it might be useful to new or prospective Remoska owners: -
Using a Remoska – the basics

The Remoska cooks between 190 and 220 degrees. Something like between 190C/345F Gas mark 5 and 220C/425F Gas Mark 6.

The Remoska is not a slow cooker. On the contrary, some food will cook faster than in a normal oven.

Simply place your ingredients in the pan, according to the recipe, i.e drizzle of oil and await to obtain great results. It couldn’t be easier.

It is possible to prepare a whole meal in the Remoska. The Remoska works just like an oven. You can also make toasted sandwiches, or cook ready meals in foil containers.

You may place your food directly in the pan or in ovenproof dishes to fit in the Remoska.

You can cook pre-prepared food from frozen. You can defrost food in the Remoska.

Food, including cakes are cooked from cold. You can use a Remoska to re-heat food. The Remoska may also be used as a ‘Bain Marie’.

Wrap portions of food in very lightly greased foil, ideal if you are on a fat free diet – fish particularly remains moist and full of flavour.

You can bake in a Remoska. Puff pastry rises like a dream and sponge cakes stay moist.

The Remoska probably cooks the best roast chicken you have ever tasted.

The Remoska is extremely economical to use, easy to clean – the Teflon® pan is non-stick so will rinse out – not even worth putting in the dishwasher, though it’s quite safe to do so.

Be aware
As with any hot electrical appliance – be safe.

If you need to remove the lid to stir, place it away from you upside down, remember, it is the lid that does the cooking – it will be very hot.

When in use, the Remoska pan will also be very hot; avoid contact and keep away from plastic or flammable materials as the hot pan will damage them.

Do not heat the Remoska whilst it is empty. As with all Teflon-lined cooking pans, excess heating of an empty pan will eventually damage the Teflon lining.

Never immerse the lid in water.

Cleaning
To clean the lid, switch off, unplug from the mains and when cool wipe the lid and the glass with a damp cloth. Use ordinary washing up liquid on a cloth if necessary.

Operating
The Standard Remoska in the UK uses 470w, The Grand Remoska 650w on 240v at 50Hz (although this is being harmonised with Europe and is more likely to be 230v).

You can use the Remoska on caravan sites, campsites, and in Europe if the electricity supply is suitable.

It is, without doubt, considerably cheaper to run than a traditional oven.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Deleted User
Has anyone tried any of these & did they work well?
http://www.remoska.co.uk/user-recipes/
Done the scones very nice, mixture was a bit runny though so couldn't make into individual ones had a cake type one which was just as nice sliced :)
We bought the recipe book from Lakeland and have done a great Thai curry, one pan chicken and rice, and a very nice chocolate cake, without the frosting :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Mr Wombles variation on the bread pudding recipe above using apple worked well - same again just using less milk (@200ml) & 300g grated apple made this:
IMG_20151110_242116836.jpg
Took just 50 minutes to cook in the Remoska.

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Cannot understand the measures, what are they in English.
Malc

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Had a 'use today' poussin yesterday, stuck a load of veg in the heated remoska, spuds, parsnips, leeks and carrots plus bird lid on and gave it a shake every now and then took about 50 minutes, delish.
Tells you not to heat an empty remoska so i put a little water in till pan is really hot and then pour it away. or a teaspoonful of oil if appropriate. makes great goose fat roasties for 12 at Christmas :)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Chicken on Veg.
Clean/peel and chop any root veg you fancy, carrot, parsnip, turnip, potato, onion, garlic lay it all in base of the Remoska tin, season.
Take the skin off 4-6 chicken thighs and lay them, bone side down, on top of the veg.
You can add a small amount of water/stock or small tin of chopped tomatoes, not too much liquid as the veg make a certain amount.
Put the lid on and plug in & turn on, cook for about 3/4 to 1 hour. Check the veg is cooked and the chicken.
I use a slotted spoon to lift out the veg and chick then I thicken the juices with gravy granules. Eat & enjoy.

Carrot cake, Fruit cake, Madiera cake, Toad in the Hole.

The 'Duck legs in Remoska' on their website is mine.
Basically most recipes are OK in the Remoska. The Remoska cooks at about 190c so any recipe around that sort of temp is ok.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
[QUOTE
You can bake in a Remoska. Puff pastry rises like a dream
[/QUOTE]

Quick tell JJ this is a must for FBs via solar

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi all Remoska owners!
I thought I would resurrect this thread as we were given a Remoska Oven included as part of the deal on our new moho. Whilst trying not to blow our own trumpet too hard,I and OH are very discerning cooks and even prefer in most cases to cook our own meals than eat out, or buy ready mades, or take aways. Good examples of why we dont like bought in food is that you normally end up counting the number of ingredients i.e prawns in a fish pie, or chicken pieces in a curry, and we inevitably end up saying something like" that could have been so much better with some fresh herbs, or better spicing, or less sugar etc. There is nothing better than sourcing your own ingredients for any meal, because you then know what has gone into it, and will be in most cases better for you,I hope you agree.
Anyway back to The Remoska Oven,you dont get many recipes with it so we purchased a recipe book from flea bay, and are not impressed with the recipes listed as they seem way out even for us.
Some such as Fish & Spring Green Pie, Sausage & Lamb Kidney Casserole, Potato Goulash with lager, Spinach Burgers, Green Flageolet Bean Ring, Seafood Bread & Butter Pudding! and last but not least, Campers Eggs & Bacon baked in Croissants, Yuk! to all of them.
Please tell us what you cook ina Ramoska Oven while away in your mohos, as I dont think we would get many takers if we invited guests over for dinner, looking at these recipes, and I cant blame em either!
This gadget may well end up on Flea Bay at this rate.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I make all sorts of mainly savoury, dishes in mine. Great for doing any kind of chicken. Fish cooks very quickly in it. Baked potatoes, sausage,bacon. It would even warm a FB pie!!! Basically I just make it up as I go along. Gets hot & can cook quickly so not really a slow cooker unless you cover the top of whatever you are cooking with foil to stop it burning.
I use mine for so many things that I now just take this and a toaster for our long stays. Have dispensed with BBQ as too heavy. Suggest you get the rack which fits in it for “grilling”stuff. Also watch where you put the lid when lifted off,it gets very hot and can easily burn work surfaces. I have never used the oven in our van, don’t need to, although it is a useful place for transporting Remoska. I have the recipe books but haven’t used them. The more you use it the more you will find you can do with it. And no, I am not paid by Lakeland to endorse it!!!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks Madmag, I get what you say, throw the recipe book in the bin, and do your own thing eh?
I Have heard that certain ladies in a certain MH Club rave about their Remoskas, we have the basic one as it was free I suppose, the deeper pan one would be better for a whole joint of meat. I suppose the timing of things is the hardest to get used to, but may give it whirl here at home to see what it can do before taking it with us. We couldn't however do without our Cadac or Real Charcoal BBQ, you just cant beat that lovely Charcoal Taste or Mussels smoked lid on, with pre soaked oak chips, done in minutes.....yum! God I need some sun and holiday, you can come over if you like?(y)
Best wishes
Les & TinaL

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Mine is just the Standard Remoska. I think the pan depth is the same on standard and grand but it is possible to buy a shallow pan which I did. The deep is great for potatoes etc but I use the shallow one when just have small amount in or have bacon etc on the rack. I have to admit ( whispered voice!!!) I have bought a shiny new remoska, they were doing a special edition one, this is now my motorhome one and stays in all the time. The older one is in constant use at home. We moved from a house with an Aga to having to have all electric cooking. As there are just the 2 of us I use the remoska rather than putting the main oven on. It’s cheaper as well as quicker.
I suppose you could try putting some smoke chips under the rack in theRemoska, it should give the same effect, useful for small quantities when you are travelling.
En route to Spain for the winter, I will try a few more recipes when I get there and post any ideas that I think you may find useful.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Well Done Mags, yes please post some more recipes, I wonder if it will do a nice Paella?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
After several years using a large Remoska at home (frugal with electric usage at half of main cooker top oven & quarter of main oven) & a standard one in the motorhome have found that with careful positioning & timing they can cook everything a convential oven can (y)
Tip - to cook whole roast chicken (moist with crispy skin) without any fuss is to just push down on the breast bone to squash it so it fits easily & turn once for even cooking.
We use an additional triply stainless steel pan inside so food not in contact with the coated aluminium & easier to clean & keep in good condition. The Remoska rack https://www.lakeland.co.uk/brands/remoska-brand/ is a handy accessory too to raise up food (a little or a lot) to cook quicker or that needs more browning.
1595932047989.png

Lakeland & Alza https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska/v3490.htm (now with UK website but still shipping from Czech Republic) are still the main options to buy new.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline B600
Exp
We use an additional triply stainless steel pan inside so food not in contact with the coated aluminium & easier to clean & keep in good condition.
Hi, Wombles, could you add a picture of this? Is it a bit like the ones that go in a pressure cooker?
TIA

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi, Wombles, could you add a picture of this? Is it a bit like the ones that go in a pressure cooker?
TIA
Hi - think any type would work to some extent but we had an old (25 year old!) frying pan so just removed the handle & as it has a thick triply base it conducts heat very well so that's a bonus.

1595934172263.png

1595933584842.png

Also use Pyrex dishes (shallow or deep) sometimes & heavy non-stick steel tins when necessary so really anything will work but the more conductive it is the better for fast thorough cooking:

1595933712031.png

JoJoLuxon

Free Member
Apr 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don.'t own one yet
I make all sorts of mainly savoury, dishes in mine. Great for doing any kind of chicken. Fish cooks very quickly in it. Baked potatoes, sausage,bacon. It would even warm a FB pie!!! Basically I just make it up as I go along. Gets hot & can cook quickly so not really a slow cooker unless you cover the top of whatever you are cooking with foil to stop it burning.
I use mine for so many things that I now just take this and a toaster for our long stays. Have dispensed with BBQ as too heavy. Suggest you get the rack which fits in it for “grilling”stuff. Also watch where you put the lid when lifted off,it gets very hot and can easily burn work surfaces. I have never used the oven in our van, don’t need to, although it is a useful place for transporting Remoska. I have the recipe books but haven’t used them. The more you use it the more you will find you can do with it. And no, I am not paid by Lakeland to endorse it!!!
Hello, Just bought the Remoska Tria from Lakeland. I agree there is not a dynamic lot in the book. Searched all over the place for various recipes but struggling. I think it looks like and please correct me if I am wrong but I get the impression one can use one's favourite cookery book recipes, just good old fashioned food, keep an eye on the time first time around (It could take less in time, being smaller than an oven)! Do you know of recipes for joints of meat? I have seen one for Chicken. Open to suggestions for good old fashioned recipes.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
To be honest I don’t use a recipe book for anything I use Remoska for. Usually a bit of imagination and as you say just watch everything. I have found that some of that silicon type lining stuff is ideal as I line the base of the pan with it during use so as there is less sticking to pan and more importantly it’s easier to wash after. As for joints then again for the larger ones it would probably cook too quickly unless you wrapped them for some of the cooking time or covered top with the liner stuff. Chicken is easy. What I normally do is just put a load of root veg on base of pan, pots, carrots swedes etc then place the chicken on top of that. Make sure chicken isn’t touching the heater element though. Cooks and all juices go into veg to cook them. Very easy. I have done or tried most meats but less good for the cheaper cuts which I would normally use a slow cooker for anyway.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I’ve had Remoskas for years now and only ever looked at a recipe for guidance on separate quantities as the Remoska cooks at 190° basically so I just treat it as an oven!
I cook as many of our meals with it as poss, and heated up thing with it, sometimes if we have left over chips from F&C they get heated up too.
Cooked cakes, B&B pudding, Biryani, etc, more or less anything that will fit in gets cooked in it.
Does a good roast chicken or joint of meat.
Going to do a B&B pud with Brioche buns tomorrow!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back