Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry, haven't got any suggestions

BUT WHEN did all this foreign food start to take over eh? Far as I'm concerned, rice is for Chinese people and puddin's with a brown skin on top!

Unless one has dietary or health reasons, what's wrong traditional food?

Pasta? It's like eating elastic bands with sauce over it. And since when did we start saying "do you want a juice?" Since Neighbours or Home & Away?

I blame all these cooking programmes, yuppies and keeping up with the Jones'. Either that, or it's the American influence and obsession with food. My mum never processed a wok and apart from "What's for tea" I don't ever remember conversations about food from the previous generation. The closest I ever got to a recipe was when mum made cakes and I cleaned the bowl out with my finger.

Despite apple crumble, the odd packet of custard creams, a few chops, fish on a Friday and a roast with two veg on a Sunday I'm still healthy and alive! You could offer me a £100 nouvelle cuisine meal, or a 'ruby' and I'd bin it in favour of a Sunday morning MH fry up (preferably with tinned tomatoes so that they soak into the fried bread:tounge:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The other half finds this too minimalist but I love it.

Pesto Spaghetti

Cook some spaghetti, I find about 7 minutes for dried stuff gives about the right amount of bite.

Drain and dribble in some olive oil, just enough to coat it then stir in some green pesto. I use at least two heaped teaspoonfuls when making this just for me.

Serve and grate lots of parmisan cheese over it.

Very simple and quick to make and very tasty. Makes a good lunch. It can be tarted up by adding olives, bits of parma ham etc with the pesto but I like the simple version.

Tip: run some cold water into the pan after serving otherwise the parmisan in the pesto is hard to clean off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
The Jamie Oliver spelt bags are amazing, great to spoon out of the bag cold or stir fry, great flavours too. Soups are a great hot comfort after a cold kayaking afternoon. Otherwise justs hunks of bread with cheese, ham, olives, crisps etc or fish/meat in foil on the barbie. It's the wine that's most important :D To be honest tho, nice to have a break from cooking and just eat out :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
SWMBO does all the cooking. It arrives, I eat it. No problem.:blusher:

In my previous marriage I did most of the cooking, I prefer it this way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back