Easy fit propane stainless steel hose (1 Viewer)

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Evening::bigsmile:
If I want to change my gas hose to one of the gas low easy fit models, is it as simple as just unscrewing it from the regulator and swapping over or is it complicated?
Am I better off sticking with the need a spanner type hose?

Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just swap it out, couldn't be simpler. just turn off the cylinder/s first

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Its one of those jobs i did a few years ago now and swear by it, So easy to swap over bottles using the hand screw :thumb:

Seem to remember fitting an elbow to the top of the regulator to make the hose run neater.

Ralph.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Branston1080

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
In theory

Sounds like a good plan. So am I right in thinking I just have to un screw the nut that attaches current hose to the regulator in my gas locker?
:Doh:
Because its gas I think I'm over complicating it. I'm afraid that years of observing that sharp in take of breath, followed by " it's complicated 'love' messy job" then out comes a spanner, two turns and that will be £££..
:ROFLMAO:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Its a very easy and straightforward, if your worried about leaks make up a soapy solution (water and fairy washing up liquid) and paint it onto the connector any leaks will be easily seen as bubbles just nip up nut a bit more till it stops.

Your gas locker is isolated and sealed from the habitation area and has drop holes/apertures to safely vent off any gas leakage.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes it is easy. I did it on our previous van. Just make sure you have a large enough spanner (19mm? can't really remember). I didn't but had an adjustable that did the trick. Don't forget to test for leaks as Stewart said.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back