Easy fit propane stainless steel hose

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Branston1080, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Branston1080

Branston1080 Funster

Evening:BigGrin:
    If I want to change my gas hose to one of the gas low easy fit models, is it as simple as just unscrewing it from the regulator and swapping over or is it complicated?
    Am I better off sticking with the need a spanner type hose?

Thanks

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

just swap it out, couldn't be simpler. just turn off the cylinder/s first

3. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Its one of those jobs i did a few years ago now and swear by it, So easy to swap over bottles using the hand screw :thumb:

Seem to remember fitting an elbow to the top of the regulator to make the hose run neater.

Ralph.....

4. Branston1080

Branston1080 Funster

In theory

Sounds like a good plan. So am I right in thinking I just have to un screw the nut that attaches current hose to the regulator in my gas locker?
    :Doh:
    Because its gas I think I'm over complicating it. I'm afraid that years of observing that sharp in take of breath, followed by " it's complicated 'love' messy job" then out comes a spanner, two turns and that will be £££..
    :Rofl1:

5. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Its a very easy and straightforward, if your worried about leaks make up a soapy solution (water and fairy washing up liquid) and paint it onto the connector any leaks will be easily seen as bubbles just nip up nut a bit more till it stops.

Your gas locker is isolated and sealed from the habitation area and has drop holes/apertures to safely vent off any gas leakage.

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Yes it is easy. I did it on our previous van. Just make sure you have a large enough spanner (19mm? can't really remember). I didn't but had an adjustable that did the trick. Don't forget to test for leaks as Stewart said.