easter week end (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
easter wkend

Stay at home the weather is going to be awful, we have just managed to get out of Shropshire, 8" of snow and -3` last night, most of the campsites were closed.
Chester race course despite the fantastic location and food show will be a quagmire.

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Stay at home the weather is going to be awful, we have just managed to get out of Shropshire, 8" of snow and -3` last night, most of the campsites were closed.
Chester race course despite the fantastic location and food show will be a quagmire.
thanks that doesnt sound good

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
MCC meeting at Oswestry Rugby club.
Nice big club house with an open fire place...

Bring your own drinks. :thumb:

Fingers crossed the snow will be gone....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

Better cross me off the list then Carol. Might as well sell up and give it all up :Eeek:

Just had the best weekend away in ages in the most atrocious weather,

It's not the weather that makes a meet but the company :winky:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

I hope not were going and looking forward to it as the saying goes oh to be in merry England now that spring is here regards steve n sue:thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I wont be going anywhere, having a new knee on wednesday all being well.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
hello whats on and how much are dogs allowed

If you click on to the WWWchesterfoodanddrinkfestival on my signature all details will come up for you. then in the corner click on camperfest for that information. :Smile:

The benifit of Chester is that we are on the edge of the field the large solid marquee's with the food and drink halls, Chester itself with the Rows you are under cover going around Chester if you choose, Get wrapped up warm, walk down the river, stroll through the park, look around the museum, more resturants and bars in Chester than you could want, and lots of good company, In North Wales we do have quite a bit of snow, but Chester is not to bad at all.

If you want to join us you are very welcome. :Smile:

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Heading out your way gromit to Searles at Hunstanton,plenty for the kids to do and good evening entertainment.A short walk into town for good fish and chips,or a choice of pubs and a nice long beach for the dog to run on.
The dogs pretty pissed off about the weather but I've told him he's coming anyway,if he's got any sense he will bring his coat!

Vlad

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I hope not were going and looking forward to it as the saying goes oh to be in merry England now that spring is here regards steve n sue:thumb:

Forecast is a bit of rain and sun. We are are FUN, failure to have FUN is not an option.

Chris can get on his zimmer frame, collect his pension, buy a few boiled sweets and slump in front of his fire instead.

But cry off if you don't like food, there is food to die for. We do well, we get a head start on the plebs who won't hit the food 'till weekend. Make the most of Friday it's much quieter.

Then you have one of the UK's iconic cities. Roman remains, intact walls, river cruises, the unique shopping area. Chester is steeped in history.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Dont think they will release me until Friday, bad day to travel.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't think they will release me until Friday, bad day to travel.

Oh alright then, consider yourself let off. But we've our eyes ( 15000 of them ) on you, don't pull this feeble stunt again.

Eh, when I were a lad, w'd pay 2n6 t' have t' knee fixed in t' morning an do t' paper round in t' afternoon.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I wont be going anywhere, having a new knee on wednesday all being well.
Hey that's why we had to miss out on the Chester meet last year, Jean had just had hers done! We'd still have gone but she couldn't climb into the 'van'. Tried getting a rope but that didn't work so we had to stay at home like you. Chin up, it will be worth it. ::bigsmile:

Wyn

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
How is Jeans knee after the year, hope its good.

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
Easter Weekend.

This weekend on the beach lawns at Weston-super-mare a classic car rally is being held, In past years this has been a well attended and popular event, with lots of classic,not so old, and more modern well cared for cars. Including jaguar E types,M.G.s classic buses, with several enthusiastic clubs showing off their proud cars. the event is on easter saturday and sunday from 11 am. all out doors and is free. It is organised by the local sea cadets who would welcome any money in there collecting tins, this event has been going for many years and has never been cancelled, so I hope the harsh weather that is being experienced more north holds off . I spoke to the organiser a little earlier and he is very hopeful for the weekend.if i am allowed to give his phone no. for more details I will add it on a future post, at the moment the lawns are quite firm, so fingers crossed for a good weekend. p.s. I forgot to say that in the past there have been some American classic cars.

Thanks for reading. yokeljohn.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
MCC meeting at Oswestry Rugby club.
Nice big club house with an open fire place...

Bring your own drinks. :thumb:

Fingers crossed the snow will be gone....

We live just down the road from Owestry the A483 was actually closed because of the amount of snow on Friday night and Saturday morning, now open but only one lane, there are still some cars abandoned at the side of the road.
Wrexham must have at least 10"+ so the fields are well and truly white over.
As you drop lower towards Chester there is hardly any snow at all

We`re not saying pack up and sell it all, just we were lucky to get off Oxon Hall in Shrewsbury yesterday, we had a great time whilst there but a few people had to leave their caravans there and head off home to get to work this morning.
The grass at the race course will be very wet, if you are on a hard standing excellent but didn`t people get caught in the mud last year?

All that aside Chester is a lovely city to visit and Chester council are one of the few to allow motorhomes over night parking on the Roo Dee carpark, literally minutes walk to the centre of town.

We hope you all have a wondeful time and don`t get bogged down.

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
If you click on to the WWWchesterfoodanddrinkfestival on my signature all details will come up for you. then in the corner click on camperfest for that information. :Smile:

The benifit of Chester is that we are on the edge of the field the large solid marquee's with the food and drink halls, Chester itself with the Rows you are under cover going around Chester if you choose, Get wrapped up warm, walk down the river, stroll through the park, look around the museum, more resturants and bars in Chester than you could want, and lots of good company, In North Wales we do have quite a bit of snow, but Chester is not to bad at all.

If you want to join us you are very welcome. :Smile:

I am just about to leave Newark - I dont think my body would stand another weekend of food, drink & funsters so soon.........I need time to recover

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
She says it's much improved from how it was and still improving. It's important to do the excercise as your speed/level of recovery depends on it.Good luck with yours and hopefully see you at next year's event and you can compare knees.:Eeek:

Wyn
How is Jeans knee after the year, hope its good.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Phone call this morning....KNEE OPERATION cancelled. New date 17 April. PIG SICK.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We live just down the road from Owestry the A483 was actually closed because of the amount of snow on Friday night and Saturday morning, now open but only one lane, there are still some cars abandoned at the side of the road.
Wrexham must have at least 10"+ so the fields are well and truly white over.
As you drop lower towards Chester there is hardly any snow at all

We`re not saying pack up and sell it all, just we were lucky to get off Oxon Hall in Shrewsbury yesterday, we had a great time whilst there but a few people had to leave their caravans there and head off home to get to work this morning.
The grass at the race course will be very wet, if you are on a hard standing excellent but didn`t people get caught in the mud last year?

All that aside Chester is a lovely city to visit and Chester council are one of the few to allow motorhomes over night parking on the Roo Dee carpark, literally minutes walk to the centre of town.

We hope you all have a wondeful time and don`t get bogged down.

Thanks for that update... I am sat here next to my lovely warm woodburner thinking that by Thursday it will all have melted ( can live in hope ). Our Grandkids love the Oswestry MCC rally otherwise I would have booked the FUN meet at Chester. Love Chester as well..
Plans at present are to sit tight and make a last minute decision...

Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
I am going to see Rally cross this weekend I hope the weather is notto bad:thumbhttp://www.lyddenhill.co.uk/european-rallycross.html

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I wish, on two crutches at moment. Was hoping to have had op done and back on the road by early may.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I am just about to leave Newark - I dont think my body would stand another weekend of food, drink & funsters so soon.........I need time to recover

No, what you really need is more practice, lots of both at Chester :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back