Easter weather

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by DavidG58, Apr 12, 2014.

1. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

just seen forecast for next week, dry and mostly sunny for virtually whole country, checked on BBC weather for 10 days and looks about the same right through past the BH weekend

Good for all trips, but looking cold overnight

Chester for us, first meet, looking forward to it :thumb:

2. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

We are going to Chester too, if you see a mousy blond and a bald man peering into your windows it's us coming to say hullo:fatbuddha:

• Like Like x 2
  3. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

If you see us inside, don't peer, just come on in :thumb:

Bev has made me agree to put our awning up for Lola, if it goes up I will be looking for advice / comment to help sort out our unresolved issues with Kampa, we have a Kampa Air, great idea but legs not strong enough to hold shape, twist / distort in slightest breeze

See some you there hopefully

David Bev and Lola

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mousy

Thank you for the invite. :thumb:

We are still deciding whether to bring Ruby our Scottish terrier, I know we can't take dogs into the food festival and we are not sure yet what we will be doing each day. She loves the motorhome though. Do you know if there are dog friendly facilities?

Dawn and Martin

5. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

We will be bringing our mutt, so we'll be sure to find dog friendly facilities.
    Be nice to meet another Dawn too :Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mousy

Dawn, there are loads of Dawns lurking on this site, they just haven't come out yet :Rofl1:

We will come and lick your windows too:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

The Met Office don't seem quite so optimistic.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 16 Apr 2014 to Friday 25 Apr 2014:

Turning generally more unsettled as cloud and outbreaks of rain, already affecting some northern and western parts early Wednesday, spread erratically southeastwards across the UK. The rain heavy at times in the north and west, but probably mostly light and patchy towards southeastern England where it may not arrive until Thursday. Remaining predominantly unsettled thereafter with showers or longer spells of rain affecting many areas, but with some drier and brighter interludes. The showers wintry at times over northern hills. The more unsettled conditions will tend to be towards the northwest, with the best of the fine spells in the southeast. Windy at times, with temperatures near average or rather cold, particularly in the northwest, with the risk of overnight frost, but possibly warmer further southeast.

Us too, on both counts. See you there.

Might have to acquire some grip mats to get off the racecourse if the Met Office are correct. :Wink:

8. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653228

And there I was all cheerful for a change and then you came along :Eeek:

Only joking, I don't do cheerful

I hope the BBC have got it right, the temperatures are OK not much sun, but little or no rain predicted, that will do for me

Overnight temps might mean I can try out my new Karcher condensation sucker upper

But can I please borrow your mats if I am wrong?? :thumb:

I only go up to Easter Monday so hope you're rain comes in after we have all gone home, just as I pull onto a Welsh CL for a couple of nights!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  9. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Particular dog facilities I am not sure, but there are certainly lots of good walks within 5 minutes of the race course, 5 minutes and you are at the canal, walk in the opposite way to Chester, you and the dogs can go as far as you like.

Also walk up to the river bank again the opposite way to Chester brilliant for dogs no traffic apart from the occasional bike, really good walk.

• Like Like x 1