Easter 2014 At Chester Food Festival (2 Viewers)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Gail I think it could be something to do with the fact that Hagnap lives in Cheshire and does the pre Christmas meet and I live near Chester and started the Easter meet (will be in Morroco this year) so Jim now doing what is a very popular meet. The New Year Meet is a couple of hours from Chester.

Like your selves, Jaws, and others we know our own areas and so find venues near us, I look forward to seeing meets put on by Funsters where ever they are. :Smile:

understand where you are coming from Carol, but the meet I organise is nearly a 2 hour drive for us, so not near to home or in my own area. To organise something where I live would mean lots of funsters wouldnt attend because

1, many have said say they dont like coming to London

2, many funsters do not have LEZ compliant motorhomes.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
pre-christmas at chester, new year near chester, easter in chester

come on folks lets spread the fuel bills, some meets more central please xxxxxxx

I thought Chester was pretty central in the Uk I know the center is technically further north and west but Chester is not to bad and easy access even for us up here in Scotland.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
understand where you are coming from Carol, but the meet I organise is nearly a 2 hour drive for us, so not near to home or in my own area. To organise something where I live would mean lots of funsters wouldnt attend because

1, many have said say they dont like coming to London

2, many funsters do not have LEZ compliant motorhomes.

I see regular reference to the LEZ but living way north of London tend to ignore it, I use the M25 but only as a quick route to Folkestone. How far out does this LEZ apply?

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

bobnden

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2013
barnsley
Funster No
MH
Motorhome kontiki
Exp
5yrs +
chester 2014

Hi we are newbies and are interested in coming along to this one thanks bobnden

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can anyone remember the man who was parked next to me at last year's Chester meet? He had been living in Thailand for 12 months and just arrived back in this country to be met at the meet by icicles and freezing winds....:Sad: I don't think he left his van much. He was very nice but very cold.... he seemed to disappear over night...

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I see regular reference to the LEZ but living way north of London tend to ignore it, I use the M25 but only as a quick route to Folkestone. How far out does this LEZ apply?

David

Hi David

If you click on this link and download the pdf, you will see how extensive the Low Emission Zone is. Its the red line that pretty much follows just inside the M25.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17827.aspx

hope this has been helpful

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can anyone remember the man who was parked next to me at last year's Chester meet? He had been living in Thailand for 12 months and just arrived back in this country to be met at the meet by icicles and freezing winds....:Sad: I don't think he left his van much. He was very nice but very cold.... he seemed to disappear over night...

Joy this seems to be a regular occurrence first you spend time with a funster and their mug goes missing then one parks next to you and he goes missing overnight :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yeah... and he took my hat that I lent him too....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I think he must have gone back to Thailand because he really was freezing cold, poor man... :RollEyes:very attractive, but cold..

Benno

Free Member
Nov 23, 2013
Grainthorpe
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie ex caravanner
Easter 2014

Hi,
we have just graduated from a caravan to our first motorhome. We are newbies to your site and not sure we are replying in the right place! However, we would love to attend your Easter weekend away. What do we need to do next- help please!
Mark and Amanda

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi,
we have just graduated from a caravan to our first motorhome. We are newbies to your site and not sure we are replying in the right place! However, we would love to attend your Easter weekend away. What do we need to do next- help please!
Mark and Amanda
Hi Benno,

Just keep your eyes on this thread for booking and Funster discount details, as and when Jim gives us all the nod. :winky:

Don't worry, now that you have expressed an interest on this thread, your username will be carried forward to the list that will develope sometime soon. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Gail I think it could be something to do with the fact that Hagnap lives in Cheshire and does the pre Christmas meet and I live near Chester and started the Easter meet (will be in Morroco this year) so Jim now doing what is a very popular meet. The New Year Meet is a couple of hours from Chester.

Like your selves, Jaws, and others we know our own areas and so find venues near us, I look forward to seeing meets put on by Funsters where ever they are. :Smile:
I'm working on organising a meet in mid Cornwall during school summer holidays, possible venue is used by village school during term time.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I'm working on organising a meet in mid Cornwall during school summer holidays, possible venue is used by village school during term time.

Sounds good to me. Would be a great saving on fuel, for the folks further afield, if it could be arranged either side of the Ilfracombe Meet?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
peterc10;881671[HI said:
]Firstly will there be any EHUs[/HI]? :winky:

No EHUs we didn't have one last year and our Battery lasted till the Sunday/ Monday(crapped out about 0200 hrs!), in spite of having the Heating on almost 24/7

Hi,
we have just graduated from a caravan to our first motorhome. We are newbies to your site and not sure we are replying in the right place! However, we would love to attend your Easter weekend away. [HI]What do we need to do next- help please! [/HI]Mark and Amanda

As others have said, Jim will give the nod and the discount code, Mate there is Acres of space there, so you'll have a possie No Worries!:thumb:

I'll lend a hand if you want help, I'm only a PM away

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Sounds good to me. Would be a great saving on fuel, for the folks further afield, if it could be arranged either side of the Ilfracombe Meet?
When is the Ilfracombe meet?

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
yes please, can you add us to the list Jim

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes please for myself and Colin.

We arrived in the mud last time, slipping and sliding everywhere, got stuck the second we came off the boards, but everything was freeze dried by the time we left:ROFLMAO:

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Yes Please!!

Could you please add us to the list please Jim? Do you need us to confirm once we have booked? Ludo' post indicates that if you book by phone the Funsters discount is available and I guess parking in the Funsters area. Looking forward to it already.:thumb:

Sullew

Free Member
Oct 20, 2013
Twickenham
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest
Exp
Since 2009
Easter weekend

I would like to join in the fun and hope to see some familiar faces from the Mersea Island weekend.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
:roflmto: Please put us down as near cert, Baz, Margaret plus dog.

Thanks

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Easter 2014 Chester Food festival

Hi,
can you put me down as a maybe please - all depends if I can time off work

S

Jul 19, 2010
Littleborough
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
Chester Food Festival

Had a great time last year, can we book on now? or are we best off waiting for the discount code?

Pauline

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back