annierogers

Free Member
Jan 28, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Does anyone have any information on camp sites for large motor homes in either Croatia, Solevina, hungary ie east of Austria for the month of February. Ski accident might be meaning we have to move on. We have a cayman 36 foot and towing a small car.

Kind Regards

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
C'mon down ,BULGARIA is beautiful,cheap,exotic.

What about straight through Serbia,into Bulgaria,ski-ing or touring Bulgaria (call in and stay) then you could go onto Turkey or Greece and back down along coast ,ferry to Italy and away again ??!

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Not sure which sites are open at this time of year, sorry (most of ones we have visited can take larger rigs though).

Just one thing to be aware of: in both Slovenia and Hungary you will need a vignette ticket which were pricey even for our 7m van.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Does anyone have any information on camp sites for large motor homes in either Croatia, Solevina, hungary ie east of Austria for the month of February.
A pity you are in these countries when most sites will be closed as I stayed at an excellent site in the west of Slovenia last year, Campingplatz Radovljica (N 46.34771° E 14.17236°) situated on the outskirts of the small quiet town of Radovljica. Very pleasant and peaceful. Anywhere west in Slovenia is very nice and attracts most of the tourism.....drive east and it's an entirely different place with poverty as a stark contrast.

Lake Balaton is the place to head for in Hungary. The largest lake in Europe it feels like you are at the sea rather than by a lake. Loads of sites all round the edge of Balaton but I doubt any will be open at this time of year.

Hungary is strange. Being the first communist country to open its border up before the Berlin wall fell, unlike other ex-eastern bloc countries it still retains some of its communist quirkiness. If you stop on any sites in Hungary you will be given a ream of 'official forms' to fill in with some pretty daft and pointless questions. One question I found amusing was at what time and date did I cross the border into Hungary......so I just wrote 1400hr 3m and 25 secs! :RollEyes: But Hungary was where I experienced my cheapest meal......ever!

An absolutely superb cheeseburger with fresh baked roll, side salad and chips, two coffees and one large beer.......£1.50. :whatthe:
I am still convinced to this day I must have been under charged!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back