E560 - where is the Mains MCB's (1 Viewer)

Sep 8, 2016
Peak District
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer 2004
Exp
Hi, a nearby neighbour has a Bessacarr E560, i think its approx 9yrs old. Its his first M/h.
His leisure battery is flat, he has it parked outside, and is on a mains hookup.
He doesn't have a 'manual' of any kind with it.
I have found an electrical drawing on line, but would like to know where the 240V 'consumer' unit and possible MCB's are?
I have found the Charger and leisure battery under the passenger side seat in the habitation area, and its stone cold, suggesting its not working or powered?

any ideas where i can look??

If the mains IS on, should there be an indicator on his panel over the door entrance? Or a LED on the Charger itself?

( ps, i'm only familiar with my Autocruise ( 2004), so this all seems very different to me.

many thanks in advance,

joe

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Hi, on my Bessacarr 765 the mains unit is under the seat very close to the mains input. I suggest you try to follow the cable from the input to see where it goes. (mine is orange so easy to see). When you have found the unit, check it is switched on (mine has a separate switch for the battery charge system) and all the fuses are in the on position. Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We have an E560, the mains consumer unit is in the wardrobe and the battery charger is under the nearside bench seat. If the mains is on, the control panel, above the door, should show a 'lighting' symbol. The battery charger has a power light on it when switched on and supplied.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Got a 2007 E560 myself , as per @WillH has said , the 240v consumer unit is in the bottom of the wardrobe that is in between the sink and the bathroom.
There is a fuse panel behind the drivers seat, and one below the bonnet ,but i am sure the latter one is for the Cab.
Also to turn on the main control panel above the door entrance , press the power button on the control panel ( at the bottom below the LCD screen ) the press the "Tick" that is beside it TWICE and that will show you the state of charge and voltage of both the batteries.
Press the "TICK" a third time and it will take you to the amount of amps going out of or into the Habitation battery.
Also make sure that the light is not on the cab symbol on the bottom left below the LCD screen as when it is lit that means that it is charging the CAB Battery, while unticked/unlit means that the charge will be going to the Habitation battery.

also here is some form of manual showing the wiring

http://assets.swiftgroup.co.uk/uplo...008 MH Tech Books/2008 E500 Tech Handbook.pdf

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've got a Swift Bolero which is almost exactly the same. Make sure all the breakers are switched on on the consumer unit (bottom of wardrobe as already mentioned). One of them controls the battery charger - I found out by accidentally knocking one off when loading (i.e. chucking) stuff into the bottom of the wardrobe.

If he's on hookup, everything in the habitation area should work, even if the battery is flat . If nothing works the charger itself is likely to be at fault - it supplies all the 12v power even if the leisure battery is dead or not connected.

If the battery has been flat for a while it may well be dead - they don't like being left flat.

OP
OP
Joe_MCMLXI
Sep 8, 2016
Peak District
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thank you all for taking time to help..... I shall be going to look tomorrow, armed with all this extra info and I'm sure we'll find the problem.... many thanks again

cheers

Joe

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you all for taking time to help..... I shall be going to look tomorrow, armed with all this extra info and I'm sure we'll find the problem.... many thanks again

cheers

Joe
NP Joe hope you get it all sorted

OP
OP
Joe_MCMLXI
Sep 8, 2016
Peak District
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi all, well a quick walk round to the neighbours, this afternoon. The Consumer unit was quickly found, as you told me, all trips present and 'Up'.... but, the Red switch for the battery charger was off!
Switched it on, all lit up. 'Lightening' symbol appeared on the control panel over the door... were in business.

A few presses of the 'Tick' button and now we can see a healthy few amps going into the leisure battery instead of 0.2A going out

Many thanks to all those who took time to read the post and give me the answer.... a great result.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all, well a quick walk round to the neighbours, this afternoon. The Consumer unit was quickly found, as you told me, all trips present and 'Up'.... but, the Red switch for the battery charger was off!
Switched it on, all lit up. 'Lightening' symbol appeared on the control panel over the door... were in business.

A few presses of the 'Tick' button and now we can see a healthy few amps going into the leisure battery instead of 0.2A going out

Many thanks to all those who took time to read the post and give me the answer.... a great result.
np glad you got it sorted :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back