E5573 MIFI Deal back on at Carphone Warehouse for £20 .... QUICK!!!! (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
OK Called 3 and spoke to Sandeep who told me to wait until I get to France to enable data roaming,is this correct? I thought I should do it before I left,confused wiv all this new technology.
There seems to be conflicting advice from the various Three operatives, as I was told I needed to activate the sim before leaving the UK.
@Taran_Las, (Phil) has activated his prevous sims in France, and never had a problem .

Cheers,

Jock :)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Just sent mine on holiday to Lake Garda with three sim installed. used initially here, data roaming turned on here, working perfectly I am told.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for initial info on this. I was 'watching' one for nearly £90. Ok, I had a bit of hassle with EE trying to sort and stop contract. Fortunately I spotted they were trying to charge me twice. Hopefully that is all sorted now and DD cancelled and I am sat in van on a non wi-fi site with 2 iPads and a phone connected to this neat little gadget. Thanks again Minxy Girl for the original info. Was a bit dubious at first but you were right!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
(y)

I do so like it when people benefit from stuff I post! Makes it worth while to think of all the happy little 'funsters' smiley faces! :D

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
(y)

I do so like it when people benefit from stuff I post! Makes it worth while to think of all the happy little 'funsters' smiley faces! :D
Have only used it with the EE sim in the uk so far, but I have a smiley face. It's really good and quite fast. Love it. Will get a 3 sim before we go abroad. Thanks for posting

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Finally got my mifi today was offered new one posted or collect from store didn't want to risk it so pick up from store . There was no sim included but I had cancelled contract as soon as I got the bill from EE so need to get a SIM card do thet normally expire within a certain time period or can you buy one that last till used up,don't want loads of data mainly browsing!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It's really good and quite fast.
Yes, ours was too on EE, but having activated one of our 3 sims in it today, it's not as fast, and was only picking up 3G, as opposed to EE's 4G.
Nothing to do with the MiFi, I grant you, and more to do with the service provider. On EE, it was reeeeeeaaalllyyy fast. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Finally got my mifi today was offered new one posted or collect from store didn't want to risk it so pick up from store . There was no sim included but I had cancelled contract as soon as I got the bill from EE so need to get a SIM card do thet normally expire within a certain time period or can you buy one that last till used up,don't want loads of data mainly browsing!
If you had got the EE sim with it, it would have expired 30 days after you placed the order as it was a 30 day rolling contract; the data on it would only be available for those 30 days or until you used it all up, whichever came first.

I'm not aware of a data sim that doesn't have an expiry date as they're not like PAYG phone sims, unless someone knows differently! If you don't want a lot of data have a look at the offering from '3' for the cheap sim that gives you 200gb free data each and every month, you buy it for £10 and then register it on line, it includes 1gb data for the first 30 days, then after that you always get 200gb of free data each month for however long you want it without having to top up, so if your usage is minimal that might be a good choice for you. Otherwise there's the '3' preloaded data sim with 3gb on which lasts for up to 90 days at £9.99 or 12gb for 12 months for approx £28-30. There are other providers sims too.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
EE do a data sim for £4.97 (Ebay) which is pre-loaded with 2gb which lasts for 30 days:

They also do a 6gb one (Ebay) for £14.48, again for 30 days' use:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
There are also some 'older' EE data sims on Ebay which have 200mb on which lasts for 30 days - buy one get one free (so 400mb) for 99p!

or 5 (so 1gb approx) for £1.97:

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Can anybody help me,we have been away for 9 weeks now using the mifi in Europe but today it won't let me connect to the internet.Started using it on 3 when we hit france,then when we went to Portugal I got a NOS sim.Now back in Spain for the last 5 days and this morning it wouldn't let me on the internet,i have just done a live chat with 3 but got Vijay who wasn't very helpful.All he could tell me was that i had 10GB of data left. Used it for less than 2 weeks in feel at home countries,so just wondering if the 2 months starts counting from your first use abroad.
Thanks for any help.
Trev.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have you had this problem anywhere else? It might just be the location you are at. Try turning it on and off, not so much to re-boot it but to get it to log on to the network again. This has worked for me on this trip several times. If you have the huawei app you can also get it to manually scan for networks and then try logging onto a different one. This has worked for me also.

But it is possible you have been caught out by the two month rule but your time in Portugal shouldn't have counted in the two months.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Not had a problem the whole trip,was connected yesterday here but this morning no.I'm thinking if I have 10GB left that would in their eyes be 2 months out of the 12 it being a 12GB card.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not had a problem the whole trip,was connected yesterday here but this morning no.I'm thinking if I have 10GB left that would in their eyes be 2 months out of the 12 it being a 12GB card.
I don't think it works like that. I've got the same card and used more than half of it in about 4 weeks. I've swapped over to another three card now and will probably switch back to the other in a few weeks.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Well I have just connected to the mifi and it's working,so maybe a problem with the masts in this area earlier. Thanks for the quick reply,I noticed that a few people had bought multiple cards,is this the best way to do it?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well I have just connected to the mifi and it's working,so maybe a problem with the masts in this area earlier. Thanks for the quick reply,I noticed that a few people had bought multiple cards,is this the best way to do it?
It is I think if you want to be away more than two months. Some folk have not had a problem but others have, so a second card is a good insurance policy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back