E35(A2) through Switzerland any more tolls? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi all, does anyone know apart from having to pay the vignette cost at the border to drive the E35 through Switzerland to Italy & Milan is there any additional tunnel tolls on this route ? TIA

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
We went through Switzerland, from Germany to Italy and back to France in May all on the one vignette. Pretty good value if you need to use motorways.
Enjoy the trip.
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi

The vignette covers you for your journey - nothing extra to pay for the St Gotthard Tunnel or the Seelisberg Tunnel etc.

Buy the vignette at the border prior to entering Switzerland, 40 SFR or about 34 euro. You can pay be card in the office. If paying by card, select "SFR" as the currency rather than GBP (sterling)

Russell

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Hi

The vignette covers you for your journey - nothing extra to pay for the St Gotthard Tunnel or the Seelisberg Tunnel etc.

Buy the vignette at the border prior to entering Switzerland, 40 SFR or about 34 euro. You can pay be card in the office. If paying by card, select "SFR" as the currency rather than GBP (sterling)

Russell

I paid by cash in euros and the Swiss swizzler collecting the money at the border short changed me back a 50 euro note in Swiss Francs including a badly sellotaped back together franc tenner, Despite my objections. Luckily I managed to get rid of the jigsaw money purchasing expensive motorway Swiss diesel.:Eeek:
My advice is to buy the ticket at the service stations on the way to the border.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Swiss toll

Hi

Yes pre purchase is a good idea - but only for motorhomes under 3500kg. The vignette as in the link is not valid for vans over 3500kg.

Russell

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Hi

Yes pre purchase is a good idea - but only for motorhomes under 3500kg. The vignette as in the link is not valid for vans over 3500kg.

Russell

Yes from my experience. ....... dishonest officials at the border does not bode well for a society.

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
as yours is an eldis 115 buy online . just google toll tickets and you can buy your vignette online and this covers you for the whole year. you can also buy vignettes for Austria and other countries as well:Smile:

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
swiss vignette

If your van is under 3500 then you get the vignette, and at the price quoted, as suggested in a previous reply. However if your van is over 3500 then you must pull in at the border and pay in the office, it is 10 euros cheaper and will last for 10 days travelling in 1 year, you get a form which you fill in every day you use the swiss roads, if you are only going through to Italy etc, and back then this is a:thumb: better deal. The vignette for under 3500 lasts for 1 year.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
If your van is under 3500 then you get the vignette, and at the price quoted,.

My experience was not, but I paid cash not in the office but to the uniformed guy with the satchel standing at the roadside. So my advice stands don't do that or get a receipt if you can argue in German that is......

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
swiss vignette

It is illegal to enter Switzerland without either a vignette attached to your windscreen if you are under 3500, or for over 3500 a form from the office which says you have paid, and which requires you to fill in the time and date of using the road, before you set off. The motorway police are on the lookout for the sticker, so if you do not have one they will ask to see the paperwork given to you, stamped by the chappie in the office, the form is in English, so it poses no problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back