E + P remote control what looks like 9V (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
possible word of warning to E + P owners

last night my controller had a red light on with what looks like 9V

I now think this might be the battery in the remote control

Being a lazy type I would typically pay lip service to such a warning light, be warned don't

Stopped tonight same red light on, could not use auto option but could use manual so did

However, the controller will now not even turn on, so no option to retract legs, other than the default take hand brake off and they should retract automatically :whistle: no confidence here that they will

so suggest all E + P owners that do not already (bet Martin does) carry a spare 9V battery at all times (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You should have a retract button on control panel our has.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
possible word of warning to E + P owners

last night my controller had a red light on with what looks like 9V

I now think this might be the battery in the remote control

Being a lazy type I would typically pay lip service to such a warning light, be warned don't

Stopped tonight same red light on, could not use auto option but could use manual so did

However, the controller will now not even turn on, so no option to retract legs, other than the default take hand brake off and they should retract automatically :whistle: no confidence here that they will

so suggest all E + P owners that do not already (bet Martin does) carry a spare 9V battery at all times (y)

David of course(y) and yes they will retract on the handbrake AND you will still have a wired remote, my guess is that it is close to the pump all coiled up nice and neat and tidy.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
for clarity I was referring to the remote option we have
Sure, but as I say you will still have the wired one so if the remote goes t---s up you are not stuck for all the same control functions.

Martin

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sure, but as I say you will still have the wired one so if the remote goes t---s up you are not stuck for all the same control functions.

Martin
Think you will find its a fixed panel inside the van ours is adjacent to the hab door.(y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Thanks for the heads up david ,like the previous post , we have a control panel in the locker that can be used in the event of remote control problems ,dont let a poxy 9v battery get you down buddy ,go and enjoy the well earne break

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Think you will find its a fixed panel inside the van ours is adjacent to the hab door.(y)
Could be, but in our case we didn't want holes in the van for a wired remote that we would never use (unless I didn't have a spare 9v battery) as we had the wireless remote from the start.

Martin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Ours is one the earlier systems, so no remote control. All operations are from the panel, or there is a manual facility I believe, on the hydraulic pump itself. If all else fails the handbrake will retract the legs, but not sure Id want to deploy them using the manual option.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ours is one the earlier systems, so no remote control. All operations are from the panel, or there is a manual facility I believe, on the hydraulic pump itself. If all else fails the handbrake will retract the legs, but not sure Id want to deploy them using the manual option.
Especially if you don't have an electric drill(y)

Martin

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had to do it earlier this trip it's a sod of a job even with a drill the cause was I had left handbrake off after jacking up and then when starting the engine they would not retract.So ensure you put handbrake back on before starting motor or it will confuse the system and alarm would not stop sounding that jacks were not retracted.
To resolve this I had to manually retract jacks but they do not do the final last pump as when engine running so I then had to reboot system by disconnecting power at battery and then reconnect the final pump then took place. All fine now.
Thought this might be a useful bit of info.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have an auto gearbox so do not really need the handbrake, I only pull it on a couple of clicks to con the E + P controller anyway, but we also have a 'feature' on our handbrake where once set we can release the handle but not the brake

trouble was we didn't know we had a 'feature' and thought the cable had snapped, you have to fully pull the brake level to reset then release

small laugh to finish

a friend of ours drove out to see us tonight so I asked him to bring a spare battery, he went to his local shop and bought one for us, declining an option for 2 x Duracell for only £2 more than the one Energizer cost, so we are working again but as yet still do not have a spare :)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back