e bike good or bad (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That doesn't make it right! I guess it's a bit like when seatbelts became law and lots of people objected but probably because none of them had been thrown through a windscreen. I am guessing from your post you have never seen someone clipped by a car and hit their head on the kerb. Some things are better prevented than cured :winky:

You can't prevent every risk and the risk of cycling without a helmet is over-egged. Many pedestrians sustain severe head injuries from "trivial" slips and stumbles.

It's been shown many times that helmet enforcement deters folk from riding and that the health benefits of riding without a helmet outweigh the risks.

Each to his own of course and I frequently wear one myself these days but I would never describe not wearing one as "madness".

Tim

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What on earth is wrong with a push bike. Exercise is good for you as you get older, its green and good fun. Buy a decent road bike though. Mountain bikes are hard work. BUSBY.:thumb:

Push bikes are good but there are many many people put off cycling by the effort involved, either due to lack of fitness or age. Many people also don't like getting hot and sweaty.

Of course you're not going to get *as* fit riding an e bike for an equivalent distance but if it encourages more folk to ride more often (and maybe further), then that is A Good Thing, not to be sneezed at.

Tim

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
You can't prevent every risk and the risk of cycling without a helmet is over-egged. Many pedestrians sustain severe head injuries from "trivial" slips and stumbles.

It's been shown many times that helmet enforcement deters folk from riding and that the health benefits of riding without a helmet outweigh the risks.

Each to his own of course and I frequently wear one myself these days but I would never describe not wearing one as "madness".

Tim

I never asked you to agree with my opinion, I was merely expressing my personal concern. You can get injured doing anything or nothing, that was not my point. We all have our own opinions and cyclists not wearing helmets I personally feel is madness. People will either wear them or not depending on their own feelings. Our biggest risk as cyclists is ignorant and impatient drivers in the UK whereas we are given noticeably more respect when cycling abroad. I will continue to wear my helmet and respect others decision not to but it won't stop me thinking that it is madness not to wear one :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back