Free Member
May 4, 2010
Hastings, England
Funster No
MH
Ambulance conversion
Exp
:Angry:

Does anyone know whether it is actually possible to speak to a real person at the DVLA? I have just spent nearly half an hour trying different options and getting nowhere. My enquiry doesn't quite fit their exact categories, and there doesn't seem to be a "General Enquiries" or "All Other Enquiries" section. I am losing the will to live!!!
(and I am fed up with my English spelling coming up as errors, but that's another matter!!!)

Steam...........

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
:Angry:
Does anyone know whether it is actually possible to speak to a real person at the DVLA? I have just spent nearly half an hour trying different options and getting nowhere. My enquiry doesn't quite fit their exact categories, and there doesn't seem to be a "General Enquiries" or "All Other Enquiries" section. I am losing the will to live!!!
(and I am fed up with my English spelling coming up as errors, but that's another matter!!!)
Steam...........
Yes it is possible but you will live to regret it. :Sad:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
it is possible be patient and better still can sometimes (I say that with tongue in cheek) be very helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
early morning or around the 5pm mark are the times i have found best, just go for the most likely option to give you a person to speak to they will always put you through to the right department

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
This paragraph borrowed from another site i visit

01792 782918). Our procedures are currently under review regarding changes made to body

A direct reply from dvla regarding self build
i assume the number a real person:thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I spoke to a very helpfull gentleman when they registered my Mercedes, Hymer S700, Motor Caravan as a Mercedes, Renault Scenic, Pick up.

You can always go to the Local DVLA office and speak face to face with someone. I had to resort to this to get it registered as PHGV instead of PLG.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Yes, I would support John's suggestion, go to your local/regional office.

We had to recently, and they were most helpful, another couple were also having difficulty getting the correct information from DVLA HQ, and a local officer was making the calls to help them also.

I have to say we were most impressed

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
yes ... and they were most helpful. I needed to speak to them after they told me my vehicle details were wrong and I did not own it :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: after a bout of near hysteria the very nice lady sorted it all out and told me it was the error of the post office when I had retaxed Matilda. She then sent me a nice letter as well as my V5 explaining it:thumb::thumb:

you do need to have perseverance though!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You try taxing a disabled scooter ..now that is fun

You try taxing a disabled scooter ...We gave up with DVLA - Swansea.. in the end went to the local office in Maidstone in Kent..sorted out in one visit.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back