DVLA (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Just been given the "thumbs down" licence wise by the above at 70 (eye problem):-(

My own optician does not agree with the decision and says I could appeal, not sure I have the stomach for it so GUTTED!

Any Funsters have any experience/information of/on the procedure?

Probably mean my 10 month old Fully Loaded Autotrail Delaware will be in the for "Motorhome For Sale Forum" soon. Extras (3 litre, Auto, Hab Aircon, Full Leather, Auto Seek Sat TV) & more.

At the NCC this week with this spec it would have been priced at £80k would it be worth £60k now?

Advice in this respect would also be appreciated. If anyone has any interest in it please PM me.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
@RGR723 I went through the same thing two years ago , it took 9 months to reach the decision and my consultant also disagreed with the decision but I did not want the hassle so bit the bullet and sold our RV and now have a Hymer plated at 3500kg.
Good luck if you try again.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I bought my Hymer for the same reason as it IS going to happen to me very soon and I can drive it at 3500 when the time comes left at 3860 at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I was Ok at 70 but last April I had a medical for renewal at 73. So far no licence. I have been in touch with them and their last reply was
"I can confirm that the information we have received is still with the relevant team waiting to be reviewed as this time due to the current workload within the department.
We will then write out to you once your medical information has been considered.
There is no need to contact us in the meantime unless you have any new information for us to consider."

"Current Workload in the department" is an euphemism for understaffed, as profit at CAPITA overrides service. I have been in touch with my MP.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Check the requirement they are asking for. Existing licence holders of our age have a different eyesight standard to those driving commercially or for new drivers. With workload problems are those who made the decision using the correct criteria.
I have restricted vision in one eye but passed the field of vision test last time and this.

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
GWAYGWAY LarrynWyn John & Joan

Thank you for your responses (J&J) I also passed eye test without problem last time.

Am currently still weighing up what to do should I just get on with life and take the financial hit selling the MOHO will incur.

The likely time scale of any other route depresses me.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
My new licence arrived today dated 28/03/2017 to 27/03/2020 All classes I had before are included. No comments, no limitations on the licence, than there were before. It is for 3 years from now and not the expiry of my last licence in 2016 so I don't need another medical until I am almost 77 instead of at 76.

My MPs office rang on Monday and said they had intervened through the MPs enquiries section at DVLA acknowledging that I had also put in a formal complaint.. At last some action.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Mine went of last week. I am hoping that I do not have your problems. I will let you know. It took them 2 months last time.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh - that IS good news John!

Dunno whether Pete will bother with a C1 after next Jan - how long in front do they send the renewal info etc out?

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Mine was five weeks before renewal ,eye test ok got to do the treadmill in two weeks ,just got keep fingers crossed ,down side waiting for a cartldge opp on my knee so will be going dosed up on painkillers lol

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
About 1 month. That's when my mine comes. @sedge

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We are in the middle of an appeal at the moment. Husbands licence was revoked because of a heart condition. I got a lot of help from funsters. It has taken ages but the dvla did allow him a retest. We haven't got the outcome yet.
On another front are your eyes fixable? If so it would probably be cheaper to get them fixed. We had lens replacement done in Prague. If I can be any help with an appeal let me know. Although I've had to become an expert on hearts not eyes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back