LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Having decided to change vans and go for a 3850 or more MGW I duly took my medical (I'm 74 and passed my test before the deadline) and sent off the relevant forms (D2 & D4) to re-instate the C1 category on my licence on the 8th of this month.

Today I received my new licence and guess what?

NO C1 CATEGORY ON IT!!!

Phoned DVLA - and was told

"Oh yes Mr Temple your licence has been upgraded but only to PROVISIONAL C1 that's why it does not show C1 category on it - yes of course you can drive your new motorhome but you must use L plates and have a suitably qualified driver accompanying you"

I explained my circumstances and was told to re-apply on a new D2 !! :(:cry::mad::confused::mad::eek::mad:(n):censored:

I then spoke to a "more reasonable" DVLA employee who informed me it was a mistake on their part and I should send my licence back with a covering letter and all will be well

I do hope so as I am scheduled to pick new van up on 5th June and go on holiday on 9th June!!!! :cautious::sick:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hope it comes through in time, after the faff for John getting his C1 entitlement it only took a few days for the licence to arrive. fingers crossed for you.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
It's a disgrace. If I provided this level of service to my clients, I would soon be out of business. As I have said elsewhere, we can all make mistakes but mistakes seem to be the norm with DVLA rather than the exception. At least the OP managed to get someone who was prepared to admit that this was a mistake but such admissions appear to be rare and apologies even rarer. We must try and fight this ineptitude whenever we encounter it. :boxing:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Having decided to change vans and go for a 3850 or more MGW I duly took my medical (I'm 74 and passed my test before the deadline) and sent off the relevant forms (D2 & D4) to re-instate the C1 category on my licence on the 8th of this month.

Today I received my new licence and guess what?

NO C1 CATEGORY ON IT!!!

Phoned DVLA - and was told

"Oh yes Mr Temple your licence has been upgraded but only to PROVISIONAL C1 that's why it does not show C1 category on it - yes of course you can drive your new motorhome but you must use L plates and have a suitably qualified driver accompanying you"

I explained my circumstances and was told to re-apply on a new D2 !! :(:cry::mad::confused::mad::eek::mad:(n):censored:

I then spoke to a "more reasonable" DVLA employee who informed me it was a mistake on their part and I should send my licence back with a covering letter and all will be well

I do hope so as I am scheduled to pick new van up on 5th June and go on holiday on 9th June!!!! :cautious::sick:
Sent you a PM with a DVLA contact that should be able to sort it for you.

OP
OP
Teuchter

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Sent you a PM with a DVLA contact that should be able to sort it for you.

Thank you very much Lenny - much appreciated - email sent :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back