DVLA response - RECORD TIME

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ponyboy, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy Read Only Funster

Yeah record LONG time. Sent the V5C in on 27th July and just received the amended logbook today. Almost seven weeks. Really glad the DVLA aren't in charge of Air Traffic Control!!!

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Customer had hers turn up after 9 months!

She was unable to tax, or sorn it over the winter as she had no V5/Renewal, she complained - they sent the log book....and then fined her £80, for not taxing or sorning which they would not let her do!:Doh:

3. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

They must do stuff in batches.. We sent ours off a couple of weeks ago for an amendment.. And it came back today too.

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Looking at it from a slightly different angle. How much of the 7 weeks was taken up by communications being in the air between Tasmania and the UK? :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. estcres

estcres Read Only Funster

DVLA is very good and organised, they told me so and no government dept/agency would ever lie, would they?

6. vwalan

vwalan Funster

all she had to do was go into truro ask to speak to the manager and i,m sure it would be sorted straight away . i find the staff in pydar house very helpfull. shame they are closing .
    have known neville there sort me log books in a couple of days . thats after registering foreign vehicles in uk . debbie the manager is spot on at sorting problems .

7. wanderer

wanderer Funster

Most of the local DVLA offices have closed/or are closing and the work is being forced onto the Post Office without any resourcing or proper training . Most people on here would be unaware of the scams to get car tax on v5 not in the correct names or addresses . I had a guy last week trying to get tax with an old log book that wasn,t bar-coded had three different owners entered manually on the form plus tippexing out , when i refused he threatened to wait for me after work and sort me out and i had done nothing to wind him up other than refuse the tax

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

they tell me some local post offices can now do lots of things that dvla used to . our local one is one of them . its a shame the local dvla offices are closing . used to be excellant for vehicle inspections . for imports or down platting . i assume the post offices will have imput straight to dvla computer in swansea though.

9. wanderer

wanderer Funster

Its easy to knock these large government institutions but i think we will be a lot worse off without them but time will tell .
    Yes we have some direct imput to the DVLA computer the difficulty is understanding the problem and how to deal with it .

10. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Had to renew the photo in my drivers licence so did it all on-line filled it all in paid said fee £20 quid did that last Friday licence turned up on Tuesday..Impressed I'll say ...Last time it took 8 weeks...

So DVLA pat on the back this time..:thumb:

11. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i dont knock them i find most work very well at least have for me . i hope our local post office will also be excellent . they are and have been very good so far.
    i think the customer confuses things and very often doesnt fill the forms correct that causes the trouble.having been involved in building cars m,bikes , changing trucks etc over the years i have found our local services down here excellent .
    importing vehicles etc no probs . just have the right forms and paperwork done in a visit and log book delivered in a couple of days every time .

12. wanderer

wanderer Funster

Had a USA serving soldier in today trying to tax her car which was an import from the states , it was a renewal but the first tax disc was exempt as stated on the log book (V5) i didn,t know USA service personel serving in the UK got a free disc for the first year . The computer would not let me complete the transaction and i could not find anyone on the helpline who knew what to do . Had a massive queue before i had to turn her away