LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave agree to some extent but (There is always a but :RollEyes:) when the van had a jumble of numbers that I kept forgetting when we pulled up at a site, nice easy solution was to get one that we would not forget, and when I could not think of anything to get Ed for his birthday big 60 quite a few years ago, again a bit of fun and his name on his number plate went down quite well. :Smile: So now we have same numbers but one reading Edy and one reading Hym even I can't forget that.

Shame on you Carol. You bought my mate Ed a piece of plastic for his 60th birthday?. If I didnt know you better I would call you a tightwad :winky:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I.ve got personal plates on both my car and RV.......

PJ 57 OEK on the car and T 316 EAG on the RV

whats so special about those, i hear you ask.

they are the only ones in the UK and are unique to me....hopefully.

:Cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I must own up to a personal plate on my car. The original number was very unmemorable whereas I can't forget the personal one. It is on a Discovery 3 and is D3 followed by my initials.

Have the original reg on the van and have a lot of trouble remembering that, perhaps might change it if I see something I fancy.:RollEyes:

Having a new registration can be an invitation to some lowlifes, my last car was keyed all across the front on the driveway when it was 3 days old, cost £1000 to repair :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Super snobs Elaine and I
T4MEY on Elaine's car
P7AME on my rewaco trike
Goto find one for motorhome yet

And sod I work for it so why not spend it
And the way personal numbers are going up in price I will get money back ten fold

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Just got my self a fun plate MH 07 FUN total cost £250.00 on the van including assignment fees and vat. There's still a few low no.s available if anyone's interested.should make it easy to spot on the your travels.:Eeek:
I suppose if you got banned from fun you could always sell it to Jim, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
step daughters initials were MC (now MP)...first name Marianne

her plate is MC 57 MAZ

her husband is a detective constable and his name is Jeremy

his plate DC 53 JEZ

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Oh dear, I'm a super snob.

My nickname since school was Larby and of course it's stuck.
I have L8RBY on the car and L88RBY on the MH.

Chybax

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
I must be a snob then ! We have 2 , 1 of which we've had since 1997 and yes its so easy to remember when you turn up at a site , my surname is BAX which is on my car so I never forget who I am :winky:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We both have personal plates on our cars. Easy to remember and a gift to each other. Just purchased a fun on for the motorhome. after all having fun is what we got it for.:Smile:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Bought W5NDA as a surprise Christmas present for my wife (Wanda) 10 years ago - would look OK on a MH:Smile:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
We both have private no's,Ibought pine in 1989 from a dealer for £250.and my wifes from dvla for £125 for her birthday 11yrs ago both plates have our initials.I know pp's are not for everybody but it suits us [better than smoking]and a little healthier i hope.:RollEyes:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I must be an inverse snob. When I see a personalised number plate my instinctive reaction is T055 ER. ::bigsmile:

Looking through the thread, it would appear that there are quite a few of what you so eloquently refer to as TO55ER amongst the members
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looking through the thread, it would appear that there are quite a few of what you so eloquently refer to as TO55ER amongst the members
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

yes indeed, .. and advertising the fact by buying a personal plate ... :Doh::winky:

personally, I prefer to remain an anonymous tosser.. :roflmto:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Number worth more than car & TIP for finding your number.

My car number, sadly, is worth more than my car..... it's probably worth more than the new car I've just ordered. They right ones are a really good investment as mentioned in a previous post. Number one numbers and really old numbers are the probably the best.
The same numbers are often offered at different prices by different dealers, phone around and ask if they actually own the number. Best to negotiate a price with the owner, not a third party.

TIP: I wanted a another particular plate (OLL**R) so I searched for it numerous times on the DVLA website. I would guess that they save the searches and compare the list with their stock numbers. Amazingly it popped up in the auction, I don't think it was a coincidence. I bought it at the initial guide price.

Regards 1Oll

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I Have​
K1 ARV
and​
K17 OAD​
(K1 TOAD)​
For sale make me an offer:thumb:​

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I Have​
K1 ARV
and​
K17 OAD​
(K1 TOAD)​
For sale make me an offer:thumb:​

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
It's worth hanging onto the old plates that came off the recipient vehicle as it will probably be allocated the same number when you transfer the cherished plate again.

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just a thought.Why is it all of our MH's look different? It's because in some way they are all personal to us and we make changes that suit us and work for us. Sat dome or sat in a suitcase? Satus aerial or stand alone? Solar panels mounted on the roof or sat outside? These are just a few of the things we choose to do. Does spending four figure sums to have a dome sat on top of your outfit make you a snob? I would think not. If it's what you want and you can afford it , it's up to you. I would also like to remind some out there that sticking a number plate does not mean someone is a snob. I could put a £250 number plate on a £1000 MH or a £100000 MH. I'm still me. Ex forces ,worked all my life non snob me. But you do actually get some people with their really big MH's strolling about like they own the place being really snobby, just some though. Not tarring all with the same brush. Something to remember is that the view from the window is the same. We are all into this for the same thing. It's great fun at the end of the day. So for me I'm going to have a FUN plate. I'm sure there are some out there would be more appropriate for some others. You only have one life people. Live it the way you want.:thumb::thumb::Smile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've got a plate with my road number (A17) and my initials, bought it from DVLA 13 years ago for £130 and keep it on a 13 year old Espace that's practically worthless now but still very useful as a load lugger. Motorhome plate I remember with a mnenomic (yes, I had to look it up). Can't remember the number on the other car. :RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
hmm .. got me thinking..

I wonder what registration a 'dark side' member would buy ??

here is one for £599

FA02 CTS

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Just a thought.Why is it all of our MH's look different? It's because in some way they are all personal to us and we make changes that suit us and work for us. Sat dome or sat in a suitcase? Satus aerial or stand alone? Solar panels mounted on the roof or sat outside? These are just a few of the things we choose to do. Does spending four figure sums to have a dome sat on top of your outfit make you a snob? I would think not. If it's what you want and you can afford it , it's up to you. I would also like to remind some out there that sticking a number plate does not mean someone is a snob. I could put a £250 number plate on a £1000 MH or a £100000 MH. I'm still me. Ex forces ,worked all my life non snob me. But you do actually get some people with their really big MH's strolling about like they own the place being really snobby, just some though. Not tarring all with the same brush. Something to remember is that the view from the window is the same. We are all into this for the same thing. It's great fun at the end of the day. So for me I'm going to have a FUN plate. I'm sure there are some out there would be more appropriate for some others. You only have one life people. Live it the way you want.:thumb::thumb::Smile:

good post, a bit of sanity,

I got my plate last year as a prezzie coz I didnt want or need anything particular, I wont keep it when I sell the van and Im dam sure it will put a bit more than the £250 + plates cost, on the sale price when the time comes.

my car plates end in "OAP" and befor anybody asks in was on the car when I got it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back