DVLA - rant!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Phill D, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Phill D

Phill D

Do i need to say any more than DVLA.....

well, i sent off to upgrade my revenue weight on the van from 3.5T to 3.65T after a few weighings; the Fiat Chassis plate is plated at 3650 and Adria have down graded it to 3500.

sent off to DVLA Swansea all the paperwork , evidence , duly signed documentation and,,,,,, a V70 application for new tax disc complete with original current tax disc.:thumb:

Including a list of enclosures that were attached with the letter..:thumb:

letter back this morning with all my paperwork returned plus a letter asking for a completed V70 and the original tax disc :Doh: they even included a blank V70 attached for my completion.

Phoned them with given reference....:RollEyes: asked them nicely :RollEyes: why the V70 and tax disc i sent was not suitable :shout:

Very sorry sir .. send it back to us please; with a note telling us we got it wrong and well sort it..:Doh:

4 bloody weeks , 4 weeks and counting now because some desk jokey can F*****g see or be bothered to read.:Eeek::Angry:

dont you just love em...:Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  2. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

And they are closing down the regional offices where it could have been sorted over the counter, face to face, with a helpful person. :Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phill D

Phill D

already closed the llanishen office Cardiff some time ago. i asked today where i could take it to get it sorted ..
    reply... nowhere you have to send it back as there are no longer local offices.

anyway its gone back in the post with a "stiff" note and a "polite" request to have it back ASAP..

feel better now... need a lay down:Rofl1:

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

typical of the DVLA but from recent experience it seems english is a second language to most there and they struggle to understand. it seems they tak on loads of temporary placements and pay minimum wage. finding somebody interested or that understands the work is a rarity

5. Phill D

Phill D

i must have hit lucky then as i spoke to a lady who was really helpful and was clearly English as her first language and very well spoken.

pity the rest were not as efficient as her.

6. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

Sounds like ours, same thing 4000kg adria down plated at registation by the dealer & I've being trying to get it resolved since OCTOBER:Eeek:
    Finally gave up & contacted SV Tech who agreed with me and wrote a letter to the DVLA for me to send with all the original forms, tax disc & V5. These were posted last Monday so finger crossed.

7. Phill D

Phill D

good luck... i was told no issue with the evidence and explanation letter i had composed, they just had "crap " in their eye's.

i wont hold my breath though i would not be surprised if it came back with other observations even though they have said all else is fine :Doh:

8. DP_JAY

Mine came back 4 times,each time taking nearly a month & asking for something else, despite countless emails & phone calls. The final straw came when they demanded a plating certificate, that's when I contacted the experts.

9. Phill D

Phill D

i hope mines not that difficult :Doh: my van is already clearly plated with the new weights with its chassis number on and a copy sent with the letter so i hope i have no further issue..:RollEyes:

10. DP_JAY

So was mine & I sent copies (rubbings & photos) 3 times.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blossom60

Blossom60 Funster

We have had similar problems with trying to get our Hymer registered...........posted on my blog rant! It sounds like chaos at DVLA. Now having the same trouble re-registering the car back from its holidays in France, even beginning to wish we had just left it over there.:Doh:

12. daveandsan

daveandsan Funster

Just one question. Does anyone know if you can still use your motorhome while you are waiting for a replacement tax disc or would you be had for not displaying a tax disc. I ask this because i am due to send my tax disc off soon and dont fancy not being able to use the motorhome for 4 weeks.:Smile:

13. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

officially, no tax disc, don't drive it, but the chances of getting stopped are slim and a photocopy and evidence of where the disc is would get you off. from October onwards, we wont need tax discs anymore. current ANPR systems are linked to the DVLA database so a police check will show if a vehicle is taxed

14. Ninovan

Ninovan Funster

I've just gone through exactly the same with our Apache. 3500 to 3650. Letter from Autotrail to say they had got it wrong, New stick on weight plate & new Certificate of Conformity. Sent it all off with amended V5 & got it all back in about 10 days :thumb: They even included a prepaid envelope to send the old tax disc back. I reckon that was a result!

• Like Like x 3
  15. DP_JAY

I raised the issue of no tax disc with the DVLA & they said there would be"no problem as the computer would show it as taxed". When I asked about a traffic warden or similar doing me for failure to display they could not answer except to say "that would be unlucky".
    Presumeably that law will have to be changed by october?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  16. DP_JAY

You're not kidding.

17. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

My recent dvla experience has been excellent. Needed to put reg number on a retention cert, and get a new number for the van. All finished in about 10 days with new V5, tax disc and the retention cert.

Great!

18. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

I was stopped for a tax disc check just last week on the A68 at Soutra. Not sure if that was an excuse and they were checking for something else. No problem for me - the police were very professional - told me it was a spot check and just to pull in, next officer looked at the disc and apologised for the delay as he waved me on.

19. Bellini

Bellini Funster

I must admit that my recent DVLA experience has been OK as well.

Registration docs submitted. One week later a polite letter explaining the rejection. Sent again. One week later another polite rejection letter. Resent. One week later a V5.

The only issue I had was DVLA's request for a SVA certificate. To their defence, they hadn't seen Udo's original German registration docs and couldn't absolutely verify his 22 year age. Once fully justified, it was simple.

20. ABZSteve

ABZSteve Funster

DVLA

When renewing my licence with a change of address I put a note in the envelope (as a joke) asking them not to cut the top of my head of because that was the only bit of hair I had. They returned it with a letter stating that the documents were incomplete. I sent it straight back without the note and no problem, licence renewed but top of head cut off. I have just renewed it again with a different photo and they didn't cut the top of my head off this time - result :BigGrin: