DVLA rant.....new motorhome registration. (1 Viewer)

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We're supposed to be collecting our new motorhome on September 2nd having put a deposit on it about 3-4 weeks ago.
We did this simply to get the new 63 reg plate so I supposed we've been punished for our hubris!

The insurance cover note was sent off to the DVLA togther with the required docs from the dealer about 2 weeks ago and the registration details came today.
Instead of a 63 plate it's on a 13 plate. After speaking to 4 different people at Swansea someone finally came up with the reason:
the dealer sent the docs in too early, if it's more than a working week (they think!) then it's given the current (part) years mark and not the mark from the date of registration. That's after being given 3 other reasons by the folk at DVLA.

Apparently the chaos is the result of cuts that have closed regional offices so everything has to be conducted by mail from Swansea together with swinging redundancies and having to recruit and train raw new staff at Cardiff.
Looks now that it may be some weeks hence that we get our Sundance, bang goes our 10 days in France :cry::cry:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
We're supposed to be collecting our new motorhome on September 2nd having put a deposit on it about 3-4 weeks ago.
We did this simply to get the new 63 reg plate so I supposed we've been punished for our hubris!

The insurance cover note was sent off to the DVLA togther with the required docs from the dealer about 2 weeks ago and the registration details came today.
Instead of a 63 plate it's on a 13 plate. After speaking to 4 different people at Swansea someone finally came up with the reason:
the dealer sent the docs in too early, if it's more than a working week (they think!) then it's given the current (part) years mark and not the mark from the date of registration. That's after being given 3 other reasons by the folk at DVLA.

Apparently the chaos is the result of cuts that have closed regional offices so everything has to be conducted by mail from Swansea together with swinging redundancies and having to recruit and train raw new staff at Cardiff.
Looks now that it may be some weeks hence that we get our Sundance, bang goes our 10 days in France :cry::cry:

I have to deal with dvla all the time and yes we have had problems due to the changes.
I am surprised you got your docs today, if form was correctly filled in to be registered from the first of September. and road tax to start from 1st September.i would have expected new reg to be issued but I would not expect to get documents befor the first or second of sept

at the moment it is takeing 14 days for anything to get done via Swansea, and if there is a mistake yours or theres, send it in and its anougher 2 weeks to get it back again

. lit use to be max 3 days for me to register an import

feel sorry for local workers. at the moment they are getting all the flack being caused by Swansea and just waiting for there jobs to finnish

OP
OP
Mack100

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Yes, it seems to be a problem affecting many people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back