Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Morning all is there anyone out there on reaching 70 or a heart by pass has had to have a DVLA stress test and if so how long did it take after passing the test to receive your license to drive three and a half tons plus thanking you in advance Barry

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Suggest you PM motor Roamin - he runs a HGV driver training school and deals with that sort of thing every day

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Double bypass back in March 2015...
Only driving restriction was 4 weeks as stated by DVLA but hospital recommended 6 weeks.
No need to notify and insurance companies not bothered. Nurses told me to tell them but all the vehicle insurances said there was no need.

No one has ever mentioned stress test and my standard licence cover up to 7.5t .
Havn't bothered to renew my HGV for some time so not sure on whats involved there..

Not sure if that helps as i am no where near 70.. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Middy42

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Things very different when you reach 70 a medical every three years and unfortunately my license expired one week after my operation so I had to wait to have my medical which was fine The DV L A Took nine weeks to respond to my license application and then only to inform me that I had to take the stress test which I completed successfully last week . Barrie

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Triple heart bypass 2012 applied for hgv 6 months later , was told o had left venteral block and tread mill would show nothing, had to have a test where I was filled with nuclear fluid and had heart scans . It took 4-6 weeks to get license back , fully fit truck driver again !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back