DVLA ENERGY STRESS TESS

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Middy42, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

Morning all is there anyone out there on reaching 70 or a heart by pass has had to have a DVLA stress test and if so how long did it take after passing the test to receive your license to drive three and a half tons plus thanking you in advance Barry

2. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Suggest you PM motor Roamin - he runs a HGV driver training school and deals with that sort of thing every day

3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Double bypass back in March 2015...
    Only driving restriction was 4 weeks as stated by DVLA but hospital recommended 6 weeks.
    No need to notify and insurance companies not bothered. Nurses told me to tell them but all the vehicle insurances said there was no need.

No one has ever mentioned stress test and my standard licence cover up to 7.5t .
    Havn't bothered to renew my HGV for some time so not sure on whats involved there..

Not sure if that helps as i am no where near 70.. ;)

4. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

Things very different when you reach 70 a medical every three years and unfortunately my license expired one week after my operation so I had to wait to have my medical which was fine The DV L A Took nine weeks to respond to my license application and then only to inform me that I had to take the stress test which I completed successfully last week . Barrie

5. Steve devon

Steve devon Funster

Triple heart bypass 2012 applied for hgv 6 months later , was told o had left venteral block and tread mill would show nothing, had to have a test where I was filled with nuclear fluid and had heart scans . It took 4-6 weeks to get license back , fully fit truck driver again !!