DVLA came good.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Snowbird, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Since the DVLA closed all the local offices down and moved everything to deepest Wales I have been more than a little apprehensive regarding how they were going to cope.
    My fears have been dispelled over the weekend as my registration docs on my recent import took exactly 9 working days from leaving the post box at the end of the street to returning through my letter box. All done and dusted. Well done DVLA Swansea :thumb:.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Dave glad it's sorted :thumb:They did the same for me changing from Van to motor caravan :thumb:All I sent was a couple of pics of the van as a van and a couple more half done along with 4 of finished product --no probs and not even a visit to the nice VOSA man :BigGrin::thumb:
    terry

• Like Like x 4
  3. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Good news. :thumb:

Very tempted to go and look at that RMB in Coleford, resisted so far but go there every couple of days to see daughter and grand kids and keep thinking "oh I'll just drive by" and take a sneaky look. :Doh:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Snowbird

I used to go along with all the paperwork to the Manchester office and sort it in a couple of hours. Then 4 or 5 days later get the docs through from Swansea. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised when it all came back first hit in such a short period of time. Maybe I have been to harsh with them in the past :Doh:.
    It means I can fetch the trailer from Germany this weekend with the 760 instead of bringing the 670 out of mothballs. Having just had a service and valet on the old girl, it would have been a pity to get it dirty before someone buys it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snowbird

Theres one sitting here in Liverpool waiting for someone to pull the trigger.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

For goodness sake put yourself out of misery and go see Snowbirds one thats got proven provenance instead of an unknown origin

Peter

• Like Like x 4
  7. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

I've only changed address and it's taken almost 3 weeks for new doc to arrive. But it got here---I'm grateful for that these days!

• Like Like x 1
  8. manda3000gt

manda3000gt Funster

Posted my licence back to them a few weeks ago for my 1st HGV renewal in the last post on a Wednesday evening it was a bank holiday weekend and the licence arrived back on the Tuesday !! I was amazed :Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. laneside

laneside Funster

I have just posted my D2 and D4 forms off to keep my C1 entitlement how I live in hope they will perform so fast

• Like Like x 1
  10. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Wasn't yours:Doh: but amazed non the less:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  11. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

I'm not really sure why, but I felt a real sense of relief reading that - to know that you had bought it. I've been off-line a bit recently, so probably missed you saying you had done the deal in another post.

That trailer just belongs behind your 760. It just had to be the right choice! :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snowbird

I must say, they do seem to have sorted themselves out down there. My original plan was to jump in the car and have a day out in Swansea, take all the paperwork and make sure everything was in order. Then I found out they do not have a customer help desk and everything has to be done by snail mail. Can you imagine my despair when I found this out. Anyway, once again a big thank you to DVLA Swansea.