Duvalay wrestling matches

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by BobtheBass, Mar 24, 2014.

1. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

First let me say that our Duvalays are magnificent, the memory foam mattresses and duvets provide a super nights sleep for both of us, but oh dear, what a kerfuffle we have every morning putting them away. Such language and bad temper from the good lady who is normally placid and quiet.

I can't see any way out of the problem though. They are big things even when rolled up and strapped, and when they are washed and time comes to shove the component parts back into the sleeping bag type thingy that's when the fun and games really start.

We have thought about leaving the mattress bits out to look after themselves on the bed, but then they wander off during the night and you end up sleeping on the knobbly cushions, or half on the mattress and half off it. I guess we will just have to grin and bear it, or think about a fixed bed motorhome (won't happen. Love the U shaped lounge too much). Do others have the same problems or is it just us?

2. Phill D

Phill D

we have same probs, but we are fortunate in that we have single bed type set up, so leave the foam perm on the bed. also stopped using the proper duvalay covers and use fitted sheets over the matresses and normal single quilt covers.

i just hated wrestling with them after each wash. its a real pain.:Eeek:

3. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

We made liners for the inside of ours so do not have to wash the covers so much, I just lift ours up into the Luton and they are layer flat, gave up rolling them up and putting into the bags

4. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

We have 2 single beds and leave the reskifs in place with throws over them we use the throws at night if it gets cold
    Brill bit of kit and your feet do not poke out of the end if you are tall like me:thumb:

5. daisy mae

daisy mae Read Only Funster

Mine fit in the luton flat, folded over once. no problem, in a soft underbed store bag.

6. JohnH

JohnH Funster

We do the same. The throws keep the seating like new and if it gets really cold they double up as blankets.