Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
We just wanted some feedback regarding the duvalay sleeping bags as we're thinking of ordering a couple, are they worth the expense and which thickness did you go for? We're thinking of just biting the bullet and buy the 5cm version but any feedback would be great.
Thanks all.
Dave

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Some like them others don't. We've had them but we found it a lot of hassle when taking apart for washing the cover. We found it better to have a Duvalay portable topper & a single duvet each. We went for the 5cm & gold quality for the topper.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
We love them. Had them for nearly 5 years. Don't find changing them much of a problem.
We have both summer and winter fillers and have the thick versions.
As said, they are a bit Marmite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think it depends on your bed in the MH. We get along fine with duvets.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I think it depends on your bed in the MH. We get along fine with duvets.

Our bed is the seating area so we're trying to make it more bed like if that makes sense

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We bought duvalays last year and they are one of the best things we have bought recently. We bought summer and winter ones but actually the winter ones are still in the bag as the thinner ones have been warm enough through out the cold weather. We have the 4cm thick mattresses.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
My wife wouldn't be without hers, makes it so much easier to get in and out of the bed for 'calls of nature' in the night. She has the thicker one and if she should get too warm she can easily fold the top back to cool of a bit.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have the duvulay mattress toppers and then use ordinary duvets, we have a PVC so can have 2 singles or a huge double. As the beds are made up from the seats they were very hard without the toppers.
We can shove the duvets in a locker and then leave the toppers on the seats. Works well for us, I wouldn't like the sleeping bags, a bit claustraphobic.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We bought them prior to last trip. So glad we did as it makes the nighttime ritual of bed making so much easier and more comfortable. 4cm thickness for us.
Recommend: definitely.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We have fixed slatted single beds and bought the duvalay mattress toppers first chance we got after a couple of uncomfortable nights. What a difference they made. Well worth the ££s
Didnt know you could get them as sleeping bags at the time but would still go for the toppers over the bags any day.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We bought two . They look great .
We still use them as the idea is good.
But don't expect brilliant quality. I wish I'd seen them before buying really. But we just went on the website and got what we thought was a good deal .
Both of the quilts inside ( winter and summer weight ) are bog standard budget brand and the covers aren't that good either. Ralph's has gone clicky with his whiskers like cheap bedding always does.
We think the memory foam base isn't that cracking either , compared to ones we bought for the kids single beds at home too.
I made one for ralph before buying these two.
Out of a king size quilt cover.
One of the single memory toppers mentioned above and a single quilt. Much cheaper and much better quality!
Would we buy them again ? No.
I'd make some again.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My experience....If you like sleeping bags you'll love them. If you like jigsaw puzzles, get one yy

Otherwise, just get their Raskelf memory foam (the best there is IMO) and a regular duvet yy

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don't get on with them at all, mainly because I am a bit of a wriggler and get myself in a right mess with it.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We love having memory foam mattress toppers on our twin fixed beds in the van, but they are not Duvalays, so can't really comment. Have used sleeping bags in the past, but much prefer just having individual quilts.

The beds were already pretty good, but the toppers really add to the comfort and aid relaxed sleeping. :)

Not expensive and just cut the foam to fit the shape of the beds, then fold the surplus cover underneath - works for us. (y)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our bed is the seating area so we're trying to make it more bed like if that makes sense

One of the biggest problems. They have to compromise. In the Swift we had the seats were very firm which made the bed reasonably unforgiving plus the seat squabs and back rests were not flat which made it even more uncomfortable.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I like mine, very comfortable but the quality is rubbish :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun