Duvalay 5cm portable toppers.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Daveo2006, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Im sure this has been talked to death but i haven't managed to find a thread. Are these things as good as they claim?I don't want the sleeping bags as i normally wind up ripping them so just thinking of the roll out/ roll up portable topper at 77cm wide (x2). At least this way WHEN i decide i don't want to share a bed with the wife i can make up 2 singles ( great thinking eh?).Anyhow are they any good please to those who have used them?

2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

• Like Like x 2
  3. Daveo2006

thought i would go with 2 singles as easier to store and roll up ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tootles

Tootles Funster

We have a double, which we roll up when needed on the luton bed, but most times when travelling, we leave the bed made up. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

As Tootles says, memory foam can transform the bed into a luxury sleeping environment. Being cheapskates, we purchased a 5cm double topper from ebay and cut the corner to fit our fixed bed, but you can buy whatever size is best for you. Couldn't believe the difference it made.

Duvalay certainly have a very good reputation, albeit a tad pricey. Guess folk will say 'you get what you pay for', but the cheapy option has worked for us for 3 years. You pays your money and takes your choice...

Mike

• Like Like x 3
  6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We bought a topper when we had the Autoquest and had to make up the bed. Trimmed it as Mike mentions to use on the Burstner. I reckon I sleep more comfortably in the van than at home if anything - and we have a full memory foam mattress at home :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bellini

Bellini Funster

We have two 5cm single Duvalays on Udo's fixed rear double. They're held together with a fitted double sheet.

We bought them before Udo's recent week-long trip and have been very pleased with them. They've transformed the old mattress completely and have totally outperformed the previous non-Duvalay topper. We put that on Udo's drop-down bed for our 11 year-old son.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tambo

tambo Read Only Funster

Thanks for the tip :) ....I've a double ordered from eBay now as my rear mattress is a bit bumpy at times

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Agree with all said, got a single 5cm for Mrs BB as she has a back prob. What a difference and it's stopped her snoring all piggin night, so I got one myself, but I still snore(allegedly). Brilliant if a bit bulky and we wouldn't be without them now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jamwitt

Jamwitt Funster Life Member

(y)We have had them for 2yrs would not be with out

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daveo2006

Well i purchased 2 5cm portable toppers but was let down on the delivery so had nothing at all to put down as the double memory foam we had was just about to fall in half. We had bought it from Dunelm and paid a small fortune for it , they were very good and took it back although we only received a credit note. I made the decision to not wait in for the 2 new toppers on Friday and they turned up that evening gone 6 o' clock . We will get to try them out this weekend though but we are away without the dogs so might be to pickled to appreciate them.:)

12. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

I have been sitting on the fence about these toppers. I was looking around on Ebay and found 2ft 6" x 5cm £23.50 and 7.5 cm. £35.50
    Is the 5cm ones deep enough ? or would the 7.5 be worth the wee bit extra. However would the extra thickness may make them too hard to roll up and store ??

I bow to to your vast experience wisdom :)

13. Bertie Bassett

Mrs and self tried the cheap ones and they were a waste of money as they failed to supply any support for her bad back, so we binned them and went for a Duvalay. Job jobbed!

• Like Like x 2
  14. rich g

rich g Funster

We have 2 single Duvalays,to save space we keep them on the single seats/beds,put a blanket on the one seat in the day for the dog.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bertie Bassett

Our current van is a Rhythm and we do the same(minus the dog).

16. Sutton35

Sutton35 Read Only Funster

We have use two single duvalay sleepers for the last four years, can be used as a single or a double. Brilliant peace of kit...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bertie Bassett

Bit of a bump but in case this hasn't been posted elsewhere (I've looked) Raskelf (Duvalay) have an offer on till 17th November, up to 25 percent off. So pleased are we with the toppers in the van that yesterday at 9am we ordered a double for our bed and a single for the spare room. City Link delivered both at half nine this morning. Having checked them and found no probs they are airing. How's that for service, and the bit I really like is a big sign on each stating...........'Lovingly handmade in Britain'.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Does anyone find them hot.

I wondered because we tried some memory foam pillows, fine in the winter but hot and sweaty in the summer.

I would like to try a topper if possible, if only because a new mattress is £600+.

19. Bertie Bassett

Have to say that we don't find our Duvalay hot just very comfortable, they are also hypoallergenic and treated for dustmites which is good for Mrs BB as she is an asthmatic. (she snores too(n)). Good value quite honestly can't wait to try out our new one's for the house tonight. (no double entendre intended.)(y)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tootles

Tootles Funster

We wanted a double Duvalay sleeping bag including topper for the truck, but they only do singles that your supposed to fasten together. :(

• Like Like x 1