Jun 18, 2011
Powys
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Several Years
Hi
I would like to do a trip to the bulb fields towards the end of April then perhaps continue to Germany, has any body done the bulb fields and perhaps give me some hints as where to stop over, also can you travel to see the fields leaving camper on a camp site and travel by bus?
look forward to some ideas thanks. bobh:thumb:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
The tulips bloom between end of March and end of April, depending on the weather.
So keep your fingers crossed and lets hope the weather is good from now on.

No tulip fields in Zeeland, they can be found in the Bollenstreek in the north of Zuid Holland and in Noord Holland.

The Keukenhof, which is a famous flower garden in Lisse opens their doors on March 24th. Entrance Euro 14.50 per person, children 4-11 years Euro 7.00 and parking is Euro 6.00 (No wildcamping allowed :ROFLMAO:

Lisse is 150 km north of Antwerp.

If you are going north please consider not to use the Liefkenshoek tunnel in Belgium nor the Westerschelde tunnel in Holland but rather use the high way around Antwerp.

The toll of the Liefkenshoek tunnel will be approx 19 Euro if higher than 2.75 meter and the Westerschelde tunnel toll will be 18.20 Euro if higher than 3.00 meter.

If you are going to Lisse I can only see two camperplaces free of charge in Leiden.

If you advise what kind of stopovers you want to use and where i can check it for you. Wildcamping is an absolute No-No in The Netherlands

Regards
Paul and Ineke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Not far fro kukenhof there is a canal where overnight parking is tolerated along tarmac road, for 2-3 days, local police do monitor the area so no long stays. from here it is 10 minute cycle ride to the gardens. all nationalities can be seen but no facilities. canal fishing and a few local shops far end of canal road including large camping shop. we stayed here May 2011 but a bit late to see all in full bloom, if it hot and dry March/April is ideal time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back