Dusseldorf salon - access for older motorhome s

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Malcolm Bolt, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt Funster Life Member

Can anyone tell me if the camping grounds set up for the Dusseldorf show are in the Green Zone? We are hoping to visit but a German guy has told me that I unless I have a green windscreen sticker I won't be able to get close.

2. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

Hi. The Motorhome parking area is straight off the motorway so I would think it would be outside the LEZ.

I went in 2009 & might do it again this year as I am planning on a Mossell trip about then.

Mike

3. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

4. Malcolm Bolt

Thanks for that Mike. I should have had that map when I was trying to get past Ulm recently. Unfortunately I found myself in the outside lane with nowhere else to go as we entered their green zone. :Eeek: lucky not to be pulled over.

I have also now found a page on the Dusseldorf Caravan Salon website under visitor services which clearly states that all major access roads and sign posted routes are outside the emissions zone.

SORTED :thumb: :thumb:

5. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi Malcolm,

We (a few of us) hope to arrive at the Messe Camping Park either on Sunday 1st or Monday 2nd September. Hope to see you there, if not before. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

6. Malcolm Bolt

That would be great. It's about time we met up at last. We seem to have been just missing each other for the last two years. Sitting close to Travemunde with the thunder and lightning. Got a ferry booked for Monday but it seems we paid a good bit more than others over in Sweden at present.

All the best
    Malcolm

7. JockandRita

Sounds good Malcolm. :Smile:

Are you hoping to meet up with the others at some stage?

Have a great trip. :thumb:

Safe travels,

Jock.

8. Malcolm Bolt

I reckon those there already will be well out of range for us. We aren't able to do the far North or Finland this time. We will get ferry later today then want to check out a camp site at Helsingborg where we will be visited by daughter from 4th to 11th July so will only have a couple of weeks before that. Afterwards we will see but I'm told the mossies are at their worst by then so we will probably leave the rest for next year.

Thanks for the good wishes
    Malcolm

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  9. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Mossies v Malcolm Bolt? ...... No contest!

Have a great time M & C, following your progress with interest. Anna already talking about route for our summer trek 2014, so who knows next year we might follow in your footsteps.

Regards and best wishes

Bryan & Anna

• Like Like x 1
  10. Melchior

Melchior Read Only Funster

Do NOT worry about the emission zone thing. It is a bit of a joke in Germany to be honest with you. The Polizei certainly won't pull you for having no sticker, they have much more important things to worry about.

3 years in Frankfurt with a UK reg'd car with no sticker. It was an old diesel so would have received a red sticker, Frankfurt is green only. No fine, no tug, no nothing.

When we bought our motorhome, we bought it from way outside any Umweltzone (Environment zone) so the PO had no sticker. When we registered it, it got a sticker... a green one. I know this is the wrong sticker, our MH has an old school mechanical diesel pump and no DPF yet it still got a green sticker (should have been red and therefore not allowed into the very city where we lived). When the guy handed it to me I thanked him politely and quickly drove off before he corrected it.

Anyway, don't worry about it, just drive without.

** disclaimer, don't blame me if you do get pulled and done for not having one....! I just really think you won't**

M

11. JockandRita

Same as ours, and we got a green one too. :Wink: I wasn't going to ask any questions, when matey gave from the local TUV station gave it to me for €6.00, after looking at the V5. :Rofl1:

Cheers,

Jock.

12. elamessa

elamessa Funster

Afternoon all just wondering if any of you attending dusseldorf could bring us a Fun sticker over. Will reimburse you and also a glass of wine or three. We are at the show from monday afternoon and probably leaving on thursday.
    Many thanks in advance and see you there.:thumb:

Steve

13. JockandRita

Hi Steve,

I'm sure we can sort something out. I'll PM you my email address, so that you can remind me nearer the time please. We leave the UK on 31st August Hull-Rotterdam, and will be at the Messe camping area for the Sunday/Monday. There will be other Funsters in our company too.

We'll see Jim & Sian at the Malvern show next month, to collect a sticker for you.

Cheers for now,

Jock (& Rita). :Smile:

14. elamessa

elamessa Funster

Hi Jock (& Rita) :Smile:

Many thanks for this have sent you a PM and will email you later.

Regards

Steve & Sue:thumb:

15. Melchior

Melchior Read Only Funster

After all my blathering in my previous post up there, I didn't even mention that we'll be there too :)

If any of you are going to be there on the Saturday night, please drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up for a drinky and or meal in the evening, that would be jolly fine :BigGrin:

16. coldstreamer

coldstreamer Funster

Jock & Rita,
    Make sure you arrive after Mid-day or you will find yourself in
    Field 28, made that mistake in the past. The German visitors usually leave after lunch.
    Have a great time, its a great Show.
    Best Regards Mac

17. JockandRita

Sorry M, not our group, as we don't sail from Hull until 20.30 on the Saturday night. :Sad:

Thanks Mac.

Like the last time we went, we are all aiming to arrive after 16.00 hrs on Sunday 1st Sept, :Wink: and more than likely leaving on Weds 4th, enroute to Bad Durkheim for Friday 6th.
    You are right, it is a great show, and puts the NEC's Caravan, Boat, and Leisure Show to shame. :Wink: Looking forward to it. The only downside for us, was the constant overhead flights to or from the very close by Dusseldorf Airport. The only lull in flying at the time, was between midnight and 03.00 hrs. :Sad:

Safe travels to all going.

Jock & Rita.

P.S. Elamessa (Steve & Sue), stickers sorted for you. :Smile: See you both sometime after your Monday 2nd arrival. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  18. paddyd887

paddyd887 Read Only Funster

Hi,
    Please don't think that I am hijacking this thread BUT can anyone give some info about the show. This will be our first time to the show and our first trip into Germany with the motorhome. Has anyone got the sat nav coordinates for the parking area and is it possible to arrive and stay on the Thursday night on the camping area before the show starts on the Friday. I see that the Friday - 31st - is for trade and press only.
    Hope to meet up with some other members.
    Thanks and reguards
    Colin & Liz

19. Mel

Mel Funster

Friday is trade day but it is 30/08/13 not 31/08/13

Cant find any coordinates .

But its a great show .

Mel

20. Mel

Mel Funster

Just found this on a Belgian site

N 51°16´06´´