Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Is anybody planning on going to the Düsseldorf Motorhome Show this year?
If you have been before, any tips?

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
What are the dates Soundman? I have read somewhere that it is a brilliant show...

JJ

Hi JJ

Here is a link to the show

http://www0.caravan-salon.de/cipp/md_caravan/custom/pub/content,lang,2/oid,300/ticket,g_u_e_s_t/~/Home.html[/url]

(hope the link works!)

Soundman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We went a couple of years ago in our motorhome as part of our holidays and the year before by car and hotel for the weekend. Advice would be to go by motorhome, they are very well setup for camping and lay on lots of activities (beer tents etc) for the evenings or you can get a free bus/tram into town for the evening. The car and hotel weekend was ok but hard work, drove out on Friday, Saturday at show and Sunday drive back home, 1000 miles and the show in 72 hours is bloody tiring!

On both occasions that we went there was loads to see, not much Brit stuff but then if you wanted Swifts andAutotrails you'd be visiting the NEC, NO?

D.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Soundman, we went last year, Its a big show and we stayed and bought a 3 day pass..............:Doh: And Jane still had to beg someone for their tickets the day we were going because there was something she wanted but could not decide at the time.:roflmto:

We will be in Germany from mid August so you never know.:Smile:Never say Never.::bigsmile:

When you camp you have a choice of hook up or not,:winky: we had not.:Smile:

They have lots of free buses into the show or into Dusseldorf town.

Its a great show and loads of good German Vans:winky: But not much in the way of accessories.

But we did want something for our table in our Eura Mobil, and its a Dutch company that made it and they were there so we got the parts.:thumb: Bob.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi JJ

Here is a link to the show

http://www0.caravan-salon.de/cipp/md_caravan/custom/pub/content,lang,2/oid,300/ticket,g_u_e_s_t/~/Home.html[/url]

(hope the link works!)

Soundman

link didn't work for me but no worries... I'll Google it...

starts 27th August until 5th September.... blast, can't go...

JJ

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Thanks everyone, we've booked the tunnel late August so we are going to give the show a try.

Soundman

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
link didn't work for me but no worries... I'll Google it...

starts 27th August until 5th September.... blast, can't go...

JJ

JJ It worked for me - you need to drop the last few letters

Link Removed

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi As well as the show the camping area is next to the river with great cycle tracks into the town and country. I had a good time there last year with two days at the show and one looking around the area. Not doing it this year but hope to again in the future.:thumb:

Mike

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Is it easy to get a place on the official campsite, I believe you can't pre book

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's never full on campsite. They use the access roads and park everyone nose in on that if full. Great show. We always go when researching new van except this year as going to Carthago city and hymer factory as down that way...

I have flown and stayed in a hotel in town, that works well also..

Its BIG! and to save s lot of legwork organise what you want to see unless just going for a browse. Not strong on accessories though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only go if you have a deep pocket, both times we have been we have ended up with a new van,:LOL: & once you have been you will never bother with a British show again.

Oct 24, 2014
Stockport Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia
Was there the other year and was right under the flight path so earplugs I would recommend as we had to stop our conversation each time they came over.
Yes the show is brill and so is Dussuldorf itself

Oh go in later as we qued for 2 hours to get in

But worth the visit

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My van was spawned from Dusseldorf. One day we will have to go, maybe next year.
If sucked into buying don't assume that German dealers are any better at fitting extras just because they're German cos they're not! By all means load up on direct from factory options (y)

EDIT In fact avoid dealer fitted extras like the plague! its a long way to go back if they made a sausage of it.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Is it easy to get a place on the official campsite, I believe you can't pre book

Hi we never booked, and although it was full,, its very well organised and they will fit you in somewhere. :eek:
The only reason we haven't been back is we have a dog, and the shows huge and inside.
But if you go make sure before you go through the main gate turn left under the canopy and fill up with water and dump if needed. :LOL:
Great show. (y) Bob and Janie.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As has been said already register with caravan salon and the get BOGOF for you entry tickets, ear plug option is good as well as it IS right under the flight path.

Great show with loads of vans you will never see In the UK.

Martin

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I've heard it's worth camping for 5 days, and show on 3 days.
Loads to see :)

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
Recommend you fill with water etc as queues can be quite long on service points and you should be prepared to be without hookup , when we went it took a hour and a half to get parked but we arrived at lunch time, but enjoyed the visit, brought Alugas bottle and 12v TV
Mickymouse

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Registered with caravan salon but havent booked yet as I havent decided on a date. It appears you can book a pitch as well now through the website, I think it was 7 euros.

*just checked the website, not sure if the 7 euros is for electricity! Will update when I book up unless anyone else already has and knows the price.

Last edited:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Registered with caravan salon

Did you manage to find an English version to register? I can get the main site in English but not the registration, me being thick and all that, I do not do German:(. If not I will ask one of the girls in the dive centre to help.:rolleyes:

I am aiming to visit for a couple of days at the beginning of the show.

Mike

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Did you manage to find an English version to register? I can get the main site in English but not the registration, me being thick and all that, I do not do German:(. If not I will ask one of the girls in the dive centre to help.:rolleyes:

I am aiming to visit for a couple of days at the beginning of the show.

Mike

My schoolboy German is excellent (not) but if you use this link it gives you the option of which language you want to use in the top right corner and is already in English as it should be...

http://www.caravan-salon.com/

And this is the registration link:

I am probably going to be there the last few days, it depends on a couple of other things...

Last edited:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Maybe a mini meet in the beer tent in the evening:)
Definately, I will be going for a few days at least so plenty of time to have a couple of glass pies. Good practice for Oktoberfest, having a week there to help my mate celebrate his impending retirement!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Definately, I will be going for a few days at least so plenty of time to have a couple of glass pies. Good practice for Oktoberfest, having a week there to help my mate celebrate his impending retirement!

we wont be there but a tip: when you see everyone drinking the dark beer and you are in a minority drinking pale larger..Try some as its great!:)

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
we wont be there but a tip: when you see everyone drinking the dark beer and you are in a minority drinking pale larger..Try some as its great!:)

Im a Guinness man so dark ale will be right up my street!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back