LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yes, there is a whisky tour / trail. Not all whisky is used as malt whisky, some goes into the blended whisky.

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Safe journey home and thanks for the trip we took with you. You have gone a day early I believe there was an aurora last night seen around Aviemore and places north .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
But do you know your auto change has happened, otherwise when your heating goes of at 5:00 it stays off until you can find some more gas? :D:D

Ah, that one's easy. I still keep an eye on the contents gauge and check every other day (when low) also the changeover valve indicator changes colour from green to red. All this of course at my convenience ;)

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Said good-bye to David an hour or so ago, he was kind enough to make a detour here.

Lola is gorgeous by the way.... and David a lovely guy.

Safe travels on the way home and hope you are comfortable at the Jed "aire"

Totaly agree with your comments Puddleduck
A real gentleman a pleasure to have met them both and I could have kept Lola
Hope we meet them again somewhere

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
But do you know your auto change has happened, otherwise when your heating goes of at 5:00 it stays off until you can find some more gas? At least I am reasonably confident I have that unused cylinder waiting to be connected, but watch this space!! :D:D

Hi David

Dont know about your cheapo Hymer but on a N+B it shows up on your control panel when you go onto the second bottle.

Catch up at Peterborough possibly as we will not be at Chester sadly, I say sadly but we will be OK in Spain.

Martin

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Said good-bye to David an hour or so ago, he was kind enough to make a detour here.

Lola is gorgeous by the way.... and David a lovely guy.

Safe travels on the way home and hope you are comfortable at the Jed "aire"

Thanks Mrs PD, a very enjoyable stop over, just sorted out the wifi, thanks to my iBoost at Jedburgh

Hope to see you out and about somewhere soon (y)

Failing that buy the field behind and set up a CL, you will always be busy :)

and we wouldn't spoil your view too much

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi David

Dont know about your cheapo Hymer but on a N+B it shows up on your control panel when you go onto the second bottle.

Catch up at Peterborough possibly as we will not be at Chester sadly, I say sadly but we will be OK in Spain.

Martin

Thanks for that Martin??

Worst of it is our cheapo Hymer has all the info on the controller for gas control, but not been connected by original owner, or not fully specced, another thing to add to the list of things to sort at next service

I am thinking the same goes for the coil display on the controller, which appears to relate to tank heating, the display comes on when it goes below 4C, but I noticed last night (off mains) that no current was being taken, so cant think that is fitted or connected either

Look forward to meeting again sometime this year, have fun in France, tell us about it :)

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and thanks Brendan

I don't like whisky, a long story for another day, but yesterday driving from Grantown down to Elgin I was staggered both by the number of distilleries, but as much by the fact that I hadn't even heard of the whisky by name

I think I saw a sign with a whisky tour reference so presume there are a few up there

I have enjoyed sharing the trip and have been really pleased that a good few of you enjoyed as well

See you soon again somewhere hopefully

Chester is our first rally of the year

Likewise. See you in Chester.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Failing that buy the field behind and set up a CL, you will always be busy :)

and we wouldn't spoil your view too much

We have tried to buy it...... Mr SB won't sell as he needs the acreage for his grants and subsidies. Could you imagine Mr and Mrs Next Door (OBE, friends of the high and mighty but good neighbours all the same) if we were to open a CL?????

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
We have tried to buy it...... Mr SB won't sell as he needs the acreage for his grants and subsidies. Could you imagine Mr and Mrs Next Door (OBE, friends of the high and mighty but good neighbours all the same) if we were to open a CL?????

Mrs PD just tell them its an exclusive CL for "MF" members who are all upstanding citizens and salts of the earth

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Have a safe journey home, I can't say how much I have enjoyed coming home from work and reading your travel log - illustrated as well!! We have decided to follow in your motorhome tracks and do the journey when David is off in May/June, really looking forward to it. I secretly want to do it in the winter as I love the snow - in my second childhood!! Many thanks.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I've been away from the laptop for the last week so just been able to catch up with you David. Brilliant news on the Crested Tit, congratulations!
We visited many of the same places over spring/summer last year so I've really enjoyed revisiting them in the winter by proxy.
Love your sense of humour, sense of nature, and sense of narrative - it's been a great read.
Thanks so much for sharing.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
well hello all, back home since yesterday, overnighted in Jedburgh, Canongate carpark, disturbed / annoyed by local kids revving engines and seeming to drive quite fast very close to MH, but luckily their Mums must have made them be in by 10:30 because it all went quiet about then

Last call of the day and trip was to see Terry with my broken habitation door, still dangling as it had been since I pulled the handle off its mounting when it wouldn't close one cold night

'we can mend that', this is why we like Terry, not only is he one of the nicest people we have met in our lives, he is able to sort out things that look unmendable to me, within an hour of arriving we had consumed coffee and fixed the door. He then suggests having another go at the fridge, another hour later that too is fixed. We first met Terry 7 months ago, coincidentally at Bills Fix it meet, where amongst other things Terry sorted our wind out awning, it needed some serious man handling, much tougher that I wanted to be with it and rougher than I thought it would take, but it had got tangled at some point during winding in. When mended I thanked Terry and said he was brave being so rough with it, he said I'm not brave, its not mine and anyway it wasn't working already the worst it could get is a little more broken :D we like @Terry

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It's all over, the MH needs a serious clean outside mainly, I should think even those in Morocco are not as dirty, mainly the drive back down on wet salt covered roads

just pencilling rallies and meets on to calendar then seeing what time is left and planning where to go, I have enjoyed sharing the trip and the interaction and messages received have been great, I am glad others have also enjoyed the journey

so until next time, bye for now, hopefully we will remeet many of you this year along with a few more as yet unseen faces

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi David

Enjoyed your travels, don't think Jen is that adventurous so I would need to do it myself as well.

I would post a report on our trip to Spain "without a broken fridge door" but I fear that I could not possibly make it even half as interesting and entertaining as you seem to manage.

Hopefully catch up when we get back otherwise we will be carrying around a garage full of pamplemouse washing up liquid for ever and a day, or sticking it on E-bay.

Martin

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Glad you are back home safely David, sure Bev was pleased to see you both and good that Terry got everything fixed for you
Hopefully see you at a rally sometime

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Pleasure to be of help David (y) If you had arrived earlier I could have took you and the van to meet a nice Polish guy who for about a tenner would have cleaned what is a very dirty M/H :D;)
Martin the fridge door is no longer broken -well a little broken if you look close ;)
terry

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Glad your back safe and sound David, I have enjoyed reading your posts on your trip to Scotland.
Hope to meet up with you sometime and have a chat about that journey.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Glad you are home safe and that Terry has worked his magic and fixed the doors. We look forward to meeting up with you, Bev and Lola sometime during this year.

Kath and Howie

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Glad you got home safely, the club site at Jedburgh is closed but they can't close it off, toilets, electrics, water and dumps are all shut down but the hardstanding pitches are there for use.
My nephew's son born while you where up north actually made the local papers, midwife's and 4 wheel drive volunteers.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
A great report of a great trip. (y)

You will have to do another one now, if only to satisfy your avid readership!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for your posts on your trip and nice to read you enjoyed your trip even with our crap weather.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
David I can only reiterate what I have posted before and what others have said - thanks for letting us be part of your trip. I read your posts every morning and felt I was there with you; great writing.

Hope to meet you in person at a rally sometime and regards to you and the family.

Carol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back