DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Been lurking here for a few months reading the various posts and following the chat so I thought I ought to introduce myself.

Been motorhoming for couple of years after we bought (via ebay) a 1998 Compass Drifter in early 2007. With six berths (wife and I with a 15 yr old daughter, 9 and 4 yr old sons and now another on the way ('make' unconfirmed).

It wasn't really something that we thought about for too long, we figured we'd give it a try and if we didn't like it we could always sell the van. It helps that the kids love it and my 9 yr old (Zak) is always wanting to get away, just the two of us.

First few months were spent getting used to the van and using it for weekends here and there in the UK, then in 2008 we decided on a 3 and a half week jaunt through France using the Aire network and into Italy spending 2 weeks of it in a site a few miles from Venice. It was a great holiday and if there is anyone out there feeling daunted by making a trip on the continent, don't worry I got the impression MH's are very welcome over there.

It was more difficult to get long periods out of the business this year so shorter trips have been the order with (just recently) a family holiday in Holland and a weekend at the National Feast of Lanterns with the Camping and Caravanning Club - which was great fun.

All of our children are home schooled which means we are not tied to school holidays though the 15 yr old (Jaz) does lots of extra curricular stuff like dancing, acting and stage shows so were actually not as free as we had hoped to be when we bought the van! But it's great for me and some friends to get away to some of the motor racing events we like to follow.

The van itself has everything on it we need from AirCon to a full caravan awning for those longer stays on site. As we didn't really do much research before buying :)Doh:) I'm always looking to see if there is something that would fit the bill better for us, but even spending double all we'd get is a newer version of the same type of van. We've just been lucky I guess.

Well that's enough of my aimless ramblings and thanks for all the info I've had so far.

David ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Welcome to you. Your name made me giggle.:Smile:
Hope you enjoy your membership here. Im finding it a bit addictive as Im getting to know names etc, and as you have probably seen already, theres always something new to learn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi David & co WELCOME :thumb:Glad you have Dunlurking
terry

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi David, sounds like you are having fun, so you really are in the right place. Thanks for posting:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome: David to MH Fun.

Glad that you have come in from the cold.

Enjoy your van sounds like you have already

Dave:thumb::thumb:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hello and a big welcome to the fun. You had a great trip to Venice. Did you go through the Alps or along the Med? We went along the Med this year to Diano Marina. Loved it!
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back