Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
How is the route Dover to Dunkirk, does anyone know? Are the Migrants there too? I feel they may only be concentrating on Calais as the tunnel is there.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We came to Dunkirk. No problem at all. Easier than calais anyway. They want to go to the uk. Not away from it.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I used Dunkirk to return home last month. There was congestion due to the amount of stranded trucks but the police waved passenger vehicles around them. As far as I could see there were no migrants there. The authorities at Dunkirk checked every motorhome passing through the port. They checked inside and outside of the vehicle including under the bed, toilet/shower etc).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Just got back from the Caen Ferry. Parked in a side street till 11pm as the aire is packed and not very nice. At 11 we moved onto the ferry port itself to wildcamp. Was amazed at the lack of obvious security. Gates were left open beyond the check-in and a couple of tuggers drove in and settled down for the night as well as numerous trucks. I walked through and could have hidden anywhere overnight. In the morning very cursory checks were offered. When we got back to Portsmouth it was far better with Border Patrol entering motorhomes, caravans etc to check. I did think if I was a potential illegal I would try one of the quieter ports to get to the UK rather than face the heavy Police prescence in Calais?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back