Dunkirk Terminali

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by eddievanbitz, Jan 19, 2016.

1. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Hi we have been looking to book a ferry crossing for August and have left it later than usual trying to decide where we wanted to go.

As our Motorhome is about 10m and we are thinking about towing the RIB again which is about 8m on the trailer

We have done this loads of times and not worried, but would hate to get the RIB damaged with an immigrant using a knife to get perhaps get under the covers for example.

We last stunned home via Dunkird in 2014 and saw little evidence of imagrants whilst out Son the previous day had seen loads of evidence and had been approached at Calais

Has any one been through Dunkirk recently and can tell me if it is a s bad as Calais

If we were just in the Motorhome I really wouldn't mind, but a knife slid along a road cover could cause untold damage to a RIB (Rigid Inflateable Boat)

2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I have seen reports the would-be immigrants have started to move from Calais to Dunkirk and the removal of the tent village at Calais this week might encourage a few more.

I can only suggest a day sailing should be safer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Just realised I have a typo on the title as well:doh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

You can still edit it, look for the little button - assuming the latest forum upgrade retained t!

5. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I thought you had gone all Italian on us.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Never ever seen an illegal at Dunkirk. Even the so called new camp ( which isn't ) is about 5 miles in to town & nearer to where they stack lorries than the port. As long as you aren't going to have problems on the main road past Calais & on to Dunkirk then their shouldn't be a problem. Last time I went across country from Abbeville to St -Omar & then down N300 which brings you out at the Dunkirk port roundabout & straight across for the port. It is only a single lane road but I thought I'd have a nice scenic drive only to find that the trucks love it as well:D.

• Thanks Thanks x 1