Dunkerque (1 Viewer)

alnshaz

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
south yorkshire
Funster No
Exp

afternoon all,

we are due to arrive in dunkerque @ 03:00am via norfolk line and was wandering if we would be able to pull in somewhere at the port to get some shuteye before heading down to paris for the start of our hols.has anyone else done this?.

cheers

Alan.:thumb:

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Alan
As you leave the ferry port go around the first roundabout and follow the signs for the Norkolk Line/Car Ferry ticket office. There is a large car park where you can park safely.

However, we prefer to drive 5kms to the Auchan supermarket at Dunkerque/Grande Synthe, park up and get our heads down ready for opening time (0830hrs) and fresh croissants.

Auchan Fuel station is on the way out for cheap diesel.

As you leave the port, take the fifth exit off the second roundabout, the D601, and Auchan is on your right after a couple of Kms.

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
When leaving port, you will cross the railway line and immediately on your left is a lorry park, across from the supermarket. Ive used it both ways out and back.

Don

OP
OP
alnshaz

alnshaz

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
south yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
:thumb:
Ralph-Dot,Pat n Don, thank a lot for the info.i like the sound of staying in the Auchan car park.we would have had to make a stop for food/fuel at some point on our way south anyway.We are heading to camping Des 4 Vents for three nights.Hoping to get an RER train or drive to a metro station so we can have a day in paris to see the sights.

:Eeek:

Alan

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Alan
As you leave the ferry port go around the first roundabout and follow the signs for the Norkolk Line/Car Ferry ticket office. There is a large car park where you can park safely.

However, we prefer to drive 5kms to the Auchan supermarket at Dunkerque/Grande Synthe, park up and get our heads down ready for opening time (0830hrs) and fresh croissants.

Auchan Fuel station is on the way out for cheap diesel.

As you leave the port, take the fifth exit off the second roundabout, the D601, and Auchan is on your right after a couple of Kms.

Pat

Also propane gas at Auchan if you want it. If noise at the lorry park or your a bit bothered about safety the car park at Calais ferry (Sea France and P&O) is quite secure.

Doug...

S

Shubberdog

Deleted User
We stayed at Camping Des 4 Vents last year, it is a fantastic site all the staff spoke English and it has a nice swimming pool it is only a short drive to the local main line station and the young lad in the ticket office spoke good English as well he advised us to get a ticket that included travel on the bus and metro in Paris as well. Use the bus it's a great way to see Paris and the routes are shown at the bus stops so it is easy to work out which bus you need plus all the infomation points have someone who speaks good English but when you ask them if they do they all reply "a little". Hope you have a nice time we did ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
alnshaz

alnshaz

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
south yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
Thanks shubberdog,what station did you use to get into Paris,there appears to be one nearby but didn't know if it would be worth travelling to a station on the metro.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

Shubberdog

Deleted User
Hi alnshaz
We used the local main line station don’t know the name now, but we just asked for directions at the camp reception, I think a Tom Tom with European mapping is a great asset we made a lot of use of it. If my memory serves me correctly I think we could not get the van in the station car park but there was a small lane beside the car park where a lot of locals parked up for the day so we did as well, no problems. I was really amazed at the number of people that spoke English and only too pleased to help us. But do beware of the beggars around the Eiffel tower. They give you a sob story and ask for money. Don’t fall for it they make a business out of it. :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back