Dune du Pyla (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
A place well worth visiting if you are in that area.

Borrowed from another site
EUROPE’S largest sand dune, the Dune du Pilat in Aquitaine, has been awarded 2nd place in a ranking of the world’s best beaches. The UK’s Guardian newspaper put the French beach just behind the Source d’Argent beach in the Seychelles and ahead of Shoal Bay, Antigua. The ranking is taken from Lonely Planet’s 50 Beaches to Blow Your Mind which is due out next month. It praises the 100m-tall dune’s “pristine sand” and views over both the Atlantic and the forest of the Landes behind and recommends visitors try the local oysters. More than one million people visit the dune in La Teste-de-Buch at Arcachon Bay each year.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
One of my favourite places ;)

P1100712.jpg

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Visited the other year and yes it is very impressive, the usual shops at the bottom where we parked selling tourist 'tat'. Good parking area with plenty of room, free for about the first hour and a half but then starts to get expensive.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have been lucky enough to go up it. Was a hot day but we had a quick shower on the way up. I think this shot shows the to some extent the height and size. Isn't nature wonderful?
P1050114.JPG

Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Spent a few nights there 2 years ago. Lovely place but first night ruined by a gang of bongo players chanting and drumming on the top. We spent the next day on the other side swimming in a warm(ish) Atlantic. School boy error made as we left our crocs at the bottom of the ladders, sand was so hot by 2pm we had to hop all the way up the dune carrying kids... Man were we knackered..
Definitely worth a visit, a real natural wonder

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back