dumb question no 99 Fiamma awning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Dai Motorhome, May 10, 2013.

1. Dai Motorhome

Dai Motorhome Read Only Funster

Hi All, Probably a dumb question but that hasn't stopped me yet! I have a 5m Fiamma F45 awning on my Burstner, and im thinking about buying a privacy room or something similar. My question is, do i have to get a room the same length as the awning or can you put a smaller length up?
    cheers
    David:Smile:

2. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

The sides are usually standard 2.5 m possibly 3m but you will need the 5m front as it all joins together to form a complete room. You may need a skirt for the bottom of the van to keep the draughts out too.:BigGrin:

3. Phill D

Phill D

short answer is no.. but whatever length shorter than 5m you get there will be a gap in the front by that length.

not sure of its value as an awning then.

also, many of us have considered privacy rooms etc, but i can count on my fingers of one hand how many i have actually seen being used.

only useful to you if you stay put for a week / weeks at a time. IMHO:Blush:

4. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

We sold our safari room as it would not fit our new van. We used it quite a lot as we tended to stay on site rather than travel around. When there were 5 of us the two eldest preferred to sleep in pop up tents in the awning. We have a bigger van with bunk beds so the teenagers can sleep inside. We have a pair of Windblockers which are fantastic and I BBQ inside if I need to. Depends how much it will get used really so weigh up the pros and cons.

5. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

fiamma safari room

hi,we bought a fiamma safari room thinking it would give us a lot more living space which of course it does,BUT! when it is packed away,it is very heavy and takes up a lot of space .if you only spend a couple of nights and move on,it can be a bit of a pain.we only used ours a couple of times and then sold it...got more than we paid for it !!! :Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Attached Files: