dumb question no 99 Fiamma awning (1 Viewer)

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hi All, Probably a dumb question but that hasn't stopped me yet! I have a 5m Fiamma F45 awning on my Burstner, and im thinking about buying a privacy room or something similar. My question is, do i have to get a room the same length as the awning or can you put a smaller length up?
cheers
David:Smile:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The sides are usually standard 2.5 m possibly 3m but you will need the 5m front as it all joins together to form a complete room. You may need a skirt for the bottom of the van to keep the draughts out too.::bigsmile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
short answer is no.. but whatever length shorter than 5m you get there will be a gap in the front by that length.

not sure of its value as an awning then.

also, many of us have considered privacy rooms etc, but i can count on my fingers of one hand how many i have actually seen being used.

only useful to you if you stay put for a week / weeks at a time. IMHO:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We sold our safari room as it would not fit our new van. We used it quite a lot as we tended to stay on site rather than travel around. When there were 5 of us the two eldest preferred to sleep in pop up tents in the awning. We have a bigger van with bunk beds so the teenagers can sleep inside. We have a pair of Windblockers which are fantastic and I BBQ inside if I need to. Depends how much it will get used really so weigh up the pros and cons.

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
fiamma safari room

hi,we bought a fiamma safari room thinking it would give us a lot more living space which of course it does,BUT! when it is packed away,it is very heavy and takes up a lot of space .if you only spend a couple of nights and move on,it can be a bit of a pain.we only used ours a couple of times and then sold it...got more than we paid for it !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Attachments

• spring-spectacular.jpg
    spring-spectacular.jpg