DUI curved ball (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
If I leave my ignition keys with family and use the habitation key to get to bed in the street. Am I liable if I've had over the legal limit although I don't have the key to the engine.
Steph

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Toots.......so sorry to disappoint you, but that white stuff you were sniffing that made your nose go all cold and numb, was in fact snow. :xdoh:

And the snowman was very upset that you also ate his nose:xwink:
... he thought it was 'Kevin' from the advert he hates ....:xrofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I put mine up on jacks, remove the wheels and pawn them, in the morning I redeem them, refit them and off I go, seems pretty failsafe to me.:xgrin:
I went into a Pawn shop this afternoon, but it appears I can't spell very well! I was so embarrassed! :oops:

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
As above poster says.

I personally Lock the doors to the drivers cab. I place my full circle style steering lock on the steering wheel and I pile a load of cloths and empty packing bags etc on the drivers seat to build a wall if you will so I can't reach the handbreak (by the drivers door in our van)
I then have the keys in the kitchen cupboard.

For me that's enough to argue my case should it be needed. All laws are still how they are interpreted and I would argue that's interpreted as not likely to be in charge of a vehicle under the influcence.
Would be a miserable sod to try and argue that any other way in court.

No black & white argument in this case and I plan to spend no extra effort worrying about it and am just going to enjoy my hobbie.
There may not be a black and white argument ... but there are stated cases and a house of Lords ruling. In your case that sounds fine but it may well have been equally fine without quite so much effort on your part.
No one knows of anyone who whilst sleeping overnight in their motorhome has been convicted of being drunk in charge .... as it's pretty unlikely they are going to drive and most ate on sites ... etc etc etc. (not to mention police having better things to do than go prowling around motorhomes hoping someone's going to drive off having drunk too much)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back