Ducatto 2.8 idTD Loosing Power (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
As you have found delamination replace the hose as this is likely your issue and it won't get better. Oil residue in the boost pipes depending on quantity is normal, personally I would remove the inter cooler and empty out any oil then flush the system with a suitable solvent.

Thanks @Lorryman100 . Makes sence. Pete

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
After reading this thread with interest due to an ongoing concern I may be down on power
(2003 2.8JTD) I checked out the air filter. it was a bit clogged so I changed it and thought I`d check the intake for blockages. Well, it seemed to go into a cowl over the radiator then I couldn`t figure where it went from there ! In the NS wheel arch behind bumper there are two downward facing flexible pipes with fly screen over and I wondered if that could be air intake ?
I may be worrying over nothing as the engine seems to run sweetly, but show it a hill and speed is quickly lost and gear changes needed.
I put a botttle of Forte in the tank for a run up to Scotland with no noticable difference.
Anyone know the layout of the air intake ducting ?
PS hope I`m not hijacking thread on slightly different engine

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
After reading this thread with interest due to an ongoing concern I may be down on power
(2003 2.8JTD) I checked out the air filter. it was a bit clogged so I changed it and thought I`d check the intake for blockages. Well, it seemed to go into a cowl over the radiator then I couldn`t figure where it went from there ! In the NS wheel arch behind bumper there are two downward facing flexible pipes with fly screen over and I wondered if that could be air intake ?
I may be worrying over nothing as the engine seems to run sweetly, but show it a hill and speed is quickly lost and gear changes needed.
I put a botttle of Forte in the tank for a run up to Scotland with no noticable difference.
as yours is an a class I believe, it will be built on a chassis cowl so the air intake will be different to a standard van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi folks.
Well Elle has been in for her yearly service and MOT. They investigated the Turbo Pipework and found nothing seriously wrong with it. What they did find that my exhaust back box was begging to show serious signs of wear although I could not hear it blowing. Anyway, box changed, full service and cambelt renewed and on the short road test up the Bristol Hill out of Wells, all seems to be good. We are off to Cornwall for a few days next week so it will be a good test run before we head over the water in about three weeks.
Thanks for all contributions, hope this might help others who feel they have a power loss problem. :clap:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

The cowl you describe over the radiator is the engine air intake, the two big tubes down behind the NS bumper are the heater air intake. If you look closely you will see the hose from the rad top fixture goes into the side of the air filter housing and the bottom of the filter housing is connected to the turbo intake.

D.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi again. Just to let those who are interested know that Elle performed well on our trip to St Ives, Cornwall. M5, A30 duel carriageway on the way down so higher speeds were good, Wadebridge, Bude, Barnstaple, Lynton, Porlock, Minehead and Bridgewater A39, on the way back. Did have to go down to first for part of the climb out of Linton but it was a 1 in 4 so think that's OK! Good testing trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
[QUOTE="Figaro, post: 1875808, member: 15397"
PS hope I`m not hijacking thread on slightly different engine[/QUOTE]

Didn't realise mine was down on power until I had a new head fitted made a big difference glad I didn't have to pay for it

Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back