Ducato new shape underseat rear heater (1 Viewer)

pij974

Free Member
Mar 17, 2008
Wellingborough, Northants
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi all, I have just p/xed my old shape 2.8 ducato motorhome for a 2008 3.0 motorhome. The new one has a fan switch on the dash near the headlight adjuster switches, which controls a fan behind a secondary radiator under the drivers seat to give heat to anyone travelling in the back. The problem is that it blows cold air. I have taken the front cover off the seat and found a bleed valve on the top pipe, but no air came out just water. I let a bit more water out and the pipe got luke warm but then went cold again. Is the problem air or something else? is there any other bleed valves anywhere? should it be bled with the engine running or off? Thanks in advance.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi
bump :ROFLMAO:
know nothing about your van :Smile: but if water came out then does the water heater have to be on ? combi type thing
terry

wolly

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
ripon n yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
40 plus motorhoming and tugin
wolly north yorkshire

hi. if your heater runs off your engine.try running till you get it to full working temp.then feel pipes they shuold be warm or hot if not try bleeding the one that runs back to engine.the water runs through a radiator it is called a metrix.if that failes try backflushing the metrix out with a hosepipe.it my have sediment in it.but at 2year olt it is unlikley.when you bleed it run engine at about 1500rev.hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back