Ducato dash Cluster repair (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
A bit off piste, but still relevant I think. I had a similar problem with a 2015 Fiat and all sorted. I then had a chat about extended warranties and decided not to proceed as I was told that provided you had a Fiat service history, Fiat have a 'pot of money' to use on good will payments. (no doubt EU 6 year rule has helped!)

I think though, it really depends on how good your dealer is and of course what your relationship is with them.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Update on this. The work is hoping to be done under the Swift 3rd year warranty. Thanks for everyone's advice

Blue J

Free Member
Apr 20, 2016
PAISLEY
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2007
An old post I know but Fiat seem to have changed there tune, my motorhome is 4yr old Hobby and I now realise that over a year ago my dash was developing problems with very dim lights when ignition was off. I thought it was light bleeding from behind the dash or something. Now there getting brighter and when u turn on cruise other warning lights come on.
Took it to Fiat dealer who made an out off warranty claim. They offered a pathetic 50% which I refused as the problem is as common as muck.
Phone Fiat Motorholme customer services raised a case what a waist of time.The motorhome has done 14,441 miles. How come some are getting letter while others are missed. Some are getting full free replacement on Similar aged vehicular and others are getting pathetic % contribution to some thing that’s as well known about and well documented absolute digrace even at 50% it’s £350-£400 there still making money off you, they will be claiming vat etc back from there contribution. Be lucky if instrument cluster cost any more than £150 to make.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Appalling from Fiat. As it seems you’re having to pay, I’d rather pay Cartronix £150 than Fiat £350-400.
Taking out the dashboard was really simple, pop in the post, returned, working and guaranteed 4 days later.
I’ve no connection with Cartronix.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Mine went in Spain so booked into Cartronix's on my return. He assured me that its now fixed. Keeping my fingers crossed its ok. Cost for 40 minutes work was £190. Don't get me wrong its all down to expertise but despite being an 'expert' in my field I never earned anything near £190 for 40 minutes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back