Ducato central locking (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
coach Built
Exp
we are newbies
On our coach built Burstner the cab doors unlock when the ignition is switched off.
Does anyone know if this can be disabled and also can the doors be set to lock automatically when moving away?

There is a menu system but it does not have any auto locking options displayed

OP
OP
G
Dec 8, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
coach Built
Exp
we are newbies
I did find this info on the web, however although pressing the mode button brings up a menu there is no option to control autoclose

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Just as an update. I checked mine today and after pressing menu, you need the down arrow 5 times for autoclose, then select menu again, then down on travelling. If you tried this or haven't got it, sorry cannot help anymore.

OP
OP
G
Dec 8, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
coach Built
Exp
we are newbies
Hello

Well tried it but autoclose does not appear as a menu item. Maybe it was an extra cost item. I need to speak to a ducato garage to see it it can be enabled.
One thing you could try for me is if you lock the door using the button on the dashboard, do the doors unlock when you switch the ignition off, mine do

Thanks you
Geoff

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
If I use the dashboard switch to lock with ing on and then switch ign off they stay locked.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is there not a button on the driver's door armrest which controls door locking?

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Did you try looking for the settings when pressing the Mode button with the vehicle running and also with it stopped as some functions are only available when the vehicle stopped.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I think that there are two levels of options from the mode button on the Ducato which is decided at build level.
I think that the "advanced" set listed in the handbook as, "Multifunction Display(where provided)" includes things like autolocking, outside temperature display etc.
It sounds as if @Geoff and Fiona have the same as me, the "standard" set, listed as "Setup Menu" which gives you control over things like airbags, buzz at set speed etc.
The Fiat handbook has flow charts for both and can be seen on on page 21 and 27 of the handbook in the link given by @zigilsa on message two of this thread

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back