Free Member
May 20, 2016
Rustington Littlehampton
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
As Charlie has left the conversation I'd like to say I don't like blowing my own trumpet but as I valet motorhomes and caravans for a living does it not occur to peeps that I have tried most of the suggestions and none are satisfactory to me, this is why I use a trade product that gives cracking results time after time. I probably treat about six bumpers a week, from very old to brand spanking. The only bumpers I have problems with are the ones that have been given heat treatment, the only solution to these is panting with Worth bumper paint.
So What is the name of the trade product you use please ?

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
That dummy is going to get very dirty being thrown out the pram
View media item 17531Here's one I did earlier:):)

Clearly you know what your on about ,my bumper is in a similar state as the one in the picture and the only thing that worked for me was the oil you so readily dismissed .
How about being positive and sharing what you use with the rest of us
If you do I'll pick my dummy up

Vlad

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
image.jpeg

Cover it with one if these - just wash the occasional Kangaroo guts off every now and then. No need for back to black, autoglym or peanut butter when you can use it to make your own red jam!

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
image.jpeg

I use this when I go to visit the in laws. (After all, we are from Brat-fud)
Good ol fairy liquid gets the grime off and if I'm lucky, my neighbour rinses it with his water canon

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Perhaps the trade like to play the cards close to their chest ?

Tell you what though........ I bet it contains no traces of nut . :D:D

Let it lie Charlie ,after all you could be wrong again.!
Oh dear where's that ignore button.

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Am I the only one who can't understand why a suggestion that works has been belittled by a couple of members ,who use a product that is a trade only item that remains a secret.
Not really in the spirit of fun,I thought we were here to help each other

Vlad

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
:cry::cry:Maybe it's so secret that they don't even know?

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Am I the only one who can't understand why a suggestion that works has been belittled by a couple of members ,who use a product that is a trade only item that remains a secret.
Not really in the spirit of fun,I thought we were here to help each other

Vlad
Fair comment vald, hopefully they will pick up the dummies and enlighten Us all with the product name

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I've personally used a product known as C4 and been very happy with the results; expensive but extremely effective as well as long lasting(y)
Link

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Here is a link to a product I use and recommend. It is a trade product so only available in a US gallon or 3.8 litres. Trust me that container will last you for years. I buy all my products from the trade and date the containers so I can monitor feasibility of use.

It is a water based product . This means if you want a strong solution or shiney and black as your hat mix it strong as you like or even neat, For a natural but new or matt look add water . Ideal ratio for all round is about 4 parts water to 1 part Hyper dressing.
It works on EVERY plastic or rubber element on any vehicle.

So Tyres , bumpers , trim , you name it it does it. It is AMAZING on interiors. This is a true all round one stop product.

Being water based it will not last forever. But its durability is unsurpassed and better than any product I have ever used. Again being water based it is absolutely SAFE. You will not or cannot end up with a horrible mess when using this product.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-...hash=item417bd14fc5:m:mbw2v_pwh4CqYye4drL8y7w

OP
OP
mowbotman
Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
To sum up...

Meguires Hyper Dressing works. It works very well with the bonus it really does cover the entire range of plastics and rubber elements on any vehicle. It is especially good on interiors. It's not cheap but the trade quantity we are forced to buy really will last for years.

Owatrol.. Never used it. I hear great things about it from reliable sources IE profession detailers. It is expensive especially when we take into account it likely does one job only .

I think what we have to remember is there is no miracle product yet the gives a permanent solution. All will need a top up or re application at some point no matter what the marketing claims are.

I will stick with what I know. I'm not keen on oily products at all. They may hide the degradation and that's what it Is degradation to the plastics. I would not use a paint either.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
The other valeter (FJmike ) has been asked my me and another person what he uses, so i thought the idea of FUN was to give each other ideas and suggestions, so will you tell us what you use , Please ??:)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251757975568?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-...hash=item417bd14fc5:m:mbw2v_pwh4CqYye4drL8y7w
I earn my living valeting motor homes and caravans and I have freely given advise and tips but I'm blowed if I am going to help someone who argues and is thoroughly rude (not you mowbotman ), as it could potentially loose me money

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I earn my living valeting motor homes and caravans and I have freely given advise and tips but I'm blowed if I am going to help someone who argues and is thoroughly rude (not you mowbotman ), as it could potentially loose me money

Charlie has picked his dummy up and offered good advice which is positive and welcomed,you should do the same .As far as arguing and being rude goes I will be the bigger man and refuse to comment.
When it comes to loosing money your attitude will be a bigger factor than revealing your trade secrets,if you read the thread back I think you may find you were rude first ,errr. Yes .
Just as the. Thread is turning a corner and producing good advice you pop up again and let yourself down,

Vlad

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Going back to Charlie's recommendation I'm going to buy it ,if anyone wants to split the cost one or two or more ways let me know.
If it's no better than peanut oil I can always paint the fence with it as it's water based.

Vlad

perfectionist

Free Member
May 23, 2016
surrey
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
Hi folks I am a valeter/just joined this forum looking forward to passing on ,my tips. For bumpers,adding
photos helps, if the bumper has gone flat and greyish in areas, like you sometimes see on swift Sundance
i would use forever black, if the bumpers in good condition,owatrol colour restorer is good autoglym
retail version/pro version are both good. The retail is a dark green gel,and the pro light green,there
both very simpler except the pro is more workable than the retail but both would restore a bumper
providing its in good condition, you should get a few weeks, depending on wheither conditions,and
type of bumper/plastic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back