Ducato – PVC Radio/Camera options?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Vanman, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vanman

Vanman Funster

Hi again – I’m planning to order a new 5.5m PVC at the NEC in October and will get it pre-wired for ‘stuff’ so that it doesn’t need pulling apart and risking warranty … not sure what to do about the radio though. Should I just bite the bullet and let the Dealer fit one, if so which one? Am I better with a separate reversing camera screen, or one built in to the radio? I’m liable to want a half decent radio so that I can play music from my laptop/phone. Any thoughts and recommendations? Thanks.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. jezport

jezport Funster

Most dealers will throw a decent DAB radio in with the deal.
    Personally I think a separate monitor is best as I like to keep mine on all the time, and you can put the monitor higher up than the radio meaning that you don't need to look down as far.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Vanman

Vanman Funster

This is going to get tricky, I want cheap extras, 20% off the price AND a free radio :eek: ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. MartinH

MartinH Funster

I actually have a separate system for split rear view/reversing clipped to the useless rear view mirror and the Pioneer system as well - best of both worlds.

5. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

6. Mickey1

Mickey1 Funster

I'm in the same boat, the dealer will fit one for £300 or do I get it done cheaper from Halfords. I didn't notice there wasn't a radio until after I'd paid the deposit. You win some you lose some.
    Mickey

7. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Sounds spot on to me.:xgrin: I got the 20% but failed on the radio on the new van but I did get a trade of nearly what I paid for the current van so anything is possible.

I have a Clarion double din unit that the reversing cameras feed into, I will be changing it to the new van.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mickey1

Mickey1 Funster

Hi Lenny, where did you buy your radio and did they fit it?.
    Mickey.

9. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Brought it online from ARS24 a big German retailer over a 100 quid cheaper than the UK it is a NE502X with dab, it was a couple of years ago so it has been superceeded, it has the IGO Primo satnav.
    I fitted it myself.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Mickey1

Mickey1 Funster

Thanks Lenny, my motorhome is only pre wired for a radio so I would need it fitted. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer letting me know what's on offer. What I'd really like to know, if I bought and had a radio fitted by Halfords, would it void any warranty?. Appreciate any advice.
    Mickey.

11. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Don't see why it should effect the warranty I fit all sorts of things myself without any problems but I never buy from UK dealers.
    I wired my stereo into the leisure battery as the double din units draw a couple of amps. My mate had a low engine battery on his Carthago after accidentally left his on for over 24 hours.

• Thanks Thanks x 1