Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're still in Spain, near Valencia and needing to replace our leisure batteries. Prices here are ridiculous so we're looking for a more creative approach. @BreweryDave told us about Tayna UK who will deliver to Spain but when I got in touch they said that they will only deliver to a residential address, not to a campsite. We're six hours north of Dave so can't ask him to receive them for us. I've looked at Battery megastore in France and under leisure batteries they have dual purpose slow discharge batteries at a good price. Are these any good at all? They seem to be different to starter batteries and are suggested for motorhome use.
Mags

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We're still in Spain, near Valencia and needing to replace our leisure batteries. Prices here are ridiculous so we're looking for a more creative approach. @BreweryDave told us about Tayna UK who will deliver to Spain but when I got in touch they said that they will only deliver to a residential address, not to a campsite. We're six hours north of Dave so can't ask him to receive them for us. I've looked at Battery megastore in France and under leisure batteries they have dual purpose slow discharge batteries at a good price. Are these any good at all? They seem to be different to starter batteries and are suggested for motorhome use.
Mags

Might be worth sticking your head into a marina and asking what they do for their boat leisure/house battery supply locally.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I've heard Carrefour sell batteries, buy a cheap starter battery or two until you get back home. Where in Valencia are you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Read A&N caravans recommendations about the new Varta batteries produced for stop/start vehicles, that is, deep cycle batteries, which started off under the Silver banner, but now may be called Silver Dynamic. Very suitable for leisure batteries and half the price.
I got two Varta 140 ah batteries at £145 each and they've been fine as leisure batteries.
I see an eBay site offering these batteries across Europe with free delivery. I would think you'll find them on Google.es for local supply, too?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Just a thought, a friends leisure batteries weren't holding charge so I disconnected the oldest one (I know) and the one left started to take and hold its charge.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Just a thought, a friends leisure batteries weren't holding charge so I disconnected the oldest one (I know) and the one left started to take and hold its charge.
Ours are the same age but it did occur to me that it might only be one that's gone. Not sure how to work out which one it is. We've arranged to talk to the mechanic you suggested on Monday.

Apr 24, 2014
spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
You can try battery megastore the tel no in Spain is 0034936389073 or U.K. No 00441684298800 they will deliver free of charge in Spain if you order before 12 gaurantee next day I used them last year here in Spain

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I know that these circs. aren't the same but here goes.
When we got back from the Continent after a four month trip we found that because of my stupidity the car parked on the drive was as dead as a door nail.
Not only wouldn't the doors open, the clock had stopped and I thought the battery was mort.
I had to call out the breakdown services and their meter showed a voltage of 10.3 V The secret key didn't even want to work.

Using the battery starter pack started the car but it was thought it was a one way trip to the battery suppliers, However, I noticed that the battery on board was a 68Ahr AGM battery.
Not only did that battery come back from the dead despite it's low Voltage but, because it was an AGM battery it came back from a position where it was way below 50% of capacity.

That is why, when I come to replace our 'van habitation batteries, it will be AGM for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back