West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Hi,
Thinking on going on a c&cc guided trip down to Sicily in May

What are the state of the roads? What is it like driving on them?

We normally go to France/Germany and was wondering if it was worth travelling all that way.

Thanks

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I remember Rick Stine's land rover doing a disappearing act while filming a tv show there. He had suspicions that the police and Mafia were involved. Enjoy your trip:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi been to Italy and Sicily several time's never no problems, i think you would enjoy the trip, we did, we used the messina ferry to the island around and 15mins in all ,cheers Alf

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Agreed with alfandM, I've worked around Sicily for a few years and have driven there once in the motorhome. The main roads are good and the minor roads are little worse than some the UK...:RollEyes:
It's a different world out there. Yes, try and avoid any involvement with authorities of any form. Go with the flow, driving can be a little crazy.:Eeek:
I see you may be heading there in May, could be a good time: Not too hot and August time is to be avoided due to all the Italians being on holiday then.
Plenty to see there if you are interested in Greek/Roman history. Syracuse is a fascinating spot. Plus the Mount Etna tour...:thumb:
On that trip we then took the ferry from Trapani to Sardinia for a week then across to Corsica for a week before getting the ferry back to Genoa. Happy days...:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back