Driving to Croatia on 11th April (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
The Grado site is simply motorhome parking, 100 metres from the beach. Water tap here but not much else but we don't need owt else :)

I can give you the co-ords if you want them.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Following your trip with interest. Did you go through Bosnia?
Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgog

Free Member
Dec 24, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
We are heading for Croatia end of June and can't wait. It will be our 3 rd trip there. As said before we feal safer there than France
Chris

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Ok guys well we left Grado this morning and took the A4 motorway around Trieste. I'd been advised previously that if I wanted to avoid the Slovenia motorways and hence the tolls or vignette depending on the weight of your vehicle to take the Bazovizza exit from the A4.

I did this and then followed the signs for Capodistria/Koper for a few miles. I'm not sure if I ended up back on the same motorway but no matter as soon we reached the Slovenia border.

I'd been told to pull into the garage on the right just inside the border. I needed fuel anyway so I filled up with diesel that was a good 20 cents a litre cheaper than Italy.

I then backed up a few yards and turned right onto the A road beside the garage and followed this all the way to the Croatian border. It's simple guys, just follow the yellow roads and don't take the blue turnoffs as they are the motorways.

That's the way we did it today anyway. Hope it helps somebody.

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Hi Everyone

Just a quick update whilst we have a connection. We have been in Croatia for 6 days and have had wonderful weather except for today when we have had showers.

We have stopped at Novigrad, Porec, Rovinj and today Pula. Will stay here tomorrow then move round the Istrian Peninsula to Rijkaard. Anyone been there before?

We will work our way slowly down to Dubrovnik before turning back for home.

Enjoying the trip so far :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you have the chance, head back via Bosnia - Mostar and Sarajevo are worth a visit and the people are very welcoming.

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Motorhome insurance people wouldn't cover us for Bosnia. We are having to bypass it by ferry to avoid going through it :-(

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Hi Peeps

Arrived in Dubrovnik this afternoon after a great run from the ferry at Trpanj. The weather is amazing and we are in Camping Kate which is just 6km from Dubrovnik :)

If anyone wants to know anything just post on this thread and we'll try to answer you.

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Maybe you will take the boat from Mlini to have a look at Dubrovnik...a marvellous way to approach the city! Well worth paying the fee to walk around the city walls assuming your good weather continues.
Great that you are at Camping Kate...we ate at the restaurant "Flamingo" just across the road...excellent meal there last year although the speciality legs named after the venue were a bit on the skinny side!!:)
We are at Camping Maestral a few km North of Orebic on the Peljesac peninsula...like you we are enjoying fabulous weather ...will be here for another couple of weeks...maybe see you on your way back North!

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Your trip sounds great, we did almost the same route in 2001, went as far as Moscenka Draga, near Opatja, we then headed back to Trieste as I have relatives there, sunbathed at Grado and Barcola, mugging beach a good few years ago with my mum (originally from Trieste), then we did Venice and lake Garda before heading back through to France, would love to do the trip again

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Glad to see you on the forum, I was wondering where you had got to!
Sounds like your really having a great trip.
Looking forward to reading your blog especially the details of your route and stops on the way to Dubrovnik. We might follow your route as it sounds so good.
Continue to enjoy yourselves, we are counting the days till our trip.
Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back