LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Stay safe Sandra and let us know when you get home.

It's been snowing here but melting as soon as it landed. I'd rather not drive in snow having done more than my fair share of that sort of driving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Just read your thread and thought ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Stay safe and if you decide to go home happy travels. Picture of my chair and iced tea here in Messines after Sunday lunch

Kath
image.jpg

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Bru, stay safe. You have heating and a back up for hot drinks etc. Enjoy the snow and ignore the pics form Portugal, the Wires are only teasing!(y):D

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
And if you disconnect the esp it will help a little to stop the wheel s slipping, but as always gently does it

If you let me know where you are, and its within reasonably close distance to Luss, you can use my gas to help you out, I'll bring it out to you, or you and your mum can stay here for the night !

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you let me know where you are, and its within reasonably close distance to Luss, you can use my gas to help you out, I'll bring it out to you, or you and your mum can stay here for the night !
Thank you so much Ken but when the post came through about it being localised we made a run for it. Drove on ice for around 3 mikes then hey presto the road became clear and stayed that way. We have just arrived home now.
Thanks everyone else for your posts.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thank you so much Ken but when the post came through about it being localised we made a run for it. Drove on ice for around 3 mikes then hey presto the road became clear and stayed that way. We have just arrived home now.
Thanks everyone else for your posts.

Good to hear your both back home safe and sound, it did come down fast and furious though, its strange though, i was talking to one of the local bus drivers and he was saying there was very little snow the other side of the loch at Balmaha !!!!, weird or what !!!!!,

What was your favourite layby you made it to ?

Cheers,

Ken.

:drink::drink::drink:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Looks like we will have to invest in one.

Is the esp button on the dashboard an anti skid button can someone tell me please.?

No its just something else to go wrong.....BUSBY:D:D

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Its the 2nd one up from the campsite at Inverbeg, heading towards Luss, the big one that leads you down to the waters edge.

Yes its quite nice that one Sandra, especially now that they manage to keep the gypos away, they used to leave it in a right state with all sorts of crap left behind as per normal after they descend !!,

All the best,

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
No snow for me for a while, we are off to Fuerteventura tomorrow for 2 weeks.(y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Irnbru we passed you this afternoon as we headed home from Glencoe did we pass you parked in layby just south of Inverbeg. There was a lot of snow but the roads were ok as for the Ambulance while we were parked up at Duck Bay the rescue helicopter landed (wondered if it was chocksaway) and two Vechiles with flashing lights past one we thought was an ambulance was actually a rescue Vechile. I hope as you say no one was hurt.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Lorger yes it was probably us. You should have came and said hello. The road was very bad when we first arrived. The snow just came from nowhere.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
20150222_145520.jpg
Was this you here Lorger? A mh sitting in the queue.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Well done you Sandra, nerve wracking I would think

we went out in our car today to a peak district pub to meet family, arrived in rain, but had to leave my car there, got brought home by SIL in his 4 x 4, we have the same car as him but never dreamt it would snow so took the more comfortable option and paid the price, RWD automatic cars, phff I would have rather been in my MH:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back