LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Does Britain request traffic violation data from EU countries, for traffic offences in U.K. anyone know?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Brits fined for traffic violations abroad?

Brilliant news. (y)

Long Live The EU.

Please Lord, protect me from difficult women. :(

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
They are vehicle details, not details of the driver at the time(obviously).
I can't remember who drove home last night never mid over twelve months ago

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Brits fined for traffic violations abroad?

Brilliant news. (y)

Long Live The EU.

Please Lord, protect me from difficult women. :(

And.... who are you thinking of right now if anyone in particular...if I may ask!:whistle:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
No & they can't use the directive because under UK law it is the driver who is responsible whereas in the EU it is the owner.
It's effectively the owner in the UK - the owner must know who is driving and must supply that information.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It's effectively the owner in the UK - the owner must know who is driving and must supply that information.
I think that's only when it suits the police. Incident in the edp recently where are car drove on the wrong side of the road and rammed a car on purpose all recorded on dash cam. Police said not enough evidence. Jaws might of seen it as he is Norfolk, I am no good with cut and paste. Haha

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think that's only when it suits the police. Incident in the edp recently where are car drove on the wrong side of the road and rammed a car on purpose all recorded on dash cam. Police said not enough evidence. Jaws might of seen it as he is Norfolk, I am no good with cut and paste. Haha
Sorry to say I missed that.. But it is typical Norfolk lot..
It aint so much the police as the VERY weak kneed CPS we have..
If they do not get someone absolutely bang to rights then they will not proceed

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
And.... who are you thinking of right now if anyone in particular...if I may ask!:whistle:

Not who you think my Princess...

The Brit Prime Minister, Teresa May, claims the EU leaders will find her a "difficult woman" when it comes to the negoiations...

I hate her and her typical Brit arrogance...

Just saying

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I'm bloody glad she has responded to J.C. Junkets arrogant negativity ! !
Bring it on ! ! They have all agreed ((Publicly)) to shaft us, oppressed by Frau Murkey and her lapdog Franzoise Dutchbastard. I don't like Marie Le Pen nib, but it wouldn't half shake up the Brexit debate ! ! ! !
It's the speculation I can't stand.
Mitch.

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not who you think my Princess...

The Brit Prime Minister, Teresa May, claims the EU leaders will find her a "difficult woman" when it comes to the negoiations...

I hate her and her typical Brit arrogance...

Just saying

Me too ! A real diplomat and credit to the country . Not !!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Some guys on here don't like strong minded women. Women know your place!:LOL:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
She's got herself to the top of a male dominated political system, you don't do that by being nice, you also don't do that with out ability, more ability I would suggest that it would take a man.

I can't say I like her, ( but than i have small regard for any politician) but I certainly respect her, and think in the negotiations to come she stands head and shoulders above anyone other politician to get us the best deal.

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
She's got herself to the top of a male dominated political system, you don't do that by being nice, you also don't do that with out ability, more ability I would suggest that it would take a man.

I can't say I like her, ( but than i have small regard for any politician) but I certainly respect her, and think in the negotiations to come she stands head and shoulders above anyone other politician to get us the best deal.
As Home Secretary she was useless and she got this job by default not by ability . And she is no stateswoman .

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I as the Queen of England, sorry I meant PM, have told the EU what I want and they have said you can't have what you want, so they are really bad people because I am really nice, ask any one who I say you can ask.
A pretty good translation of her recent speech

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
If the article is correct, I don't understand the requirement for the first two offences in the list, as surely the drink and drug driving offences would be dealt with on arrest. I don't know how their legal system works around borderline, or drug driving cases, but even if the equivalent of bail was imposed for forensic analysis of samples, they wouldn't release the driver from custody without knowing who they were and how to contact them. Would they ??

I have doubts over the summary offences too, as over here you must be served a Notice of Intended Prosecution within 14 days (some circumstances may dictate longer) so that the driver can reasonably have a fresh recollection of events and mount a defence if required.
I can understand a longer requirement, but "up to 12 months" :Eeek:.... Like @Alistair33 says, some people can't remember who drove home last night.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
As Home Secretary she was useless and she got this job by default not by ability . And she is no stateswoman .

Useless by what measure? Compared to Howard or Abbott maybe? :LOL: By default? So no Tory mp's voted for her? She got the job because no one else had enough backing to beat her.

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
No one else? Wasn't their four in the race. :)

And they all dropped out ! Didn't see a party vote ? I have never voted Labour and probably never will but can not bring myself to vote for that terrible woman. She is a dictatorial bully with no plan and can't answer ask any questions even wrongly . Will not debate , all interviews are stage managed and journalists monitored on time and questions. I can not trust her as far as I can throw here and that is certainly not far !! I can't believe people think so highly of her. She has not proved herself in any way. As Home Secretary she had European Law on her side to deal with unwanted immigration but did she ? Nope.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
And they all dropped out ! Didn't see a party vote ? I have never voted Labour and probably never will but can not bring myself to vote for that terrible woman. She is a dictatorial bully with no plan and can't answer ask any questions even wrongly . Will not debate , all interviews are stage managed and journalists monitored on time and questions. I can not trust her as far as I can throw here and that is certainly not far !! I can't believe people think so highly of her. She has not proved herself in any way. As Home Secretary she had European Law on her side to deal with unwanted immigration but did she ? Nope.

That goes for all politicians, look at the lies Blair told.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
To get back on track. What's the issue? If you accidentally trip a speed camera in France, DVLA send your details. The French Police, who have exactly zero authority to operate in this country send you a fine.

Personally I would send it back with a note saying, "Sorry, your services are not required!"
End of the matter, what are they going to do, send over a task force to come and get you, I think not! All bluff and bluster, and I imagine the DVLA will continue to be difficult to foreign agencies, since they will not reciprocate.

Brimal

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Drayton, Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Many years towing and Moho since 2004, presently Adria Coral 690SP Platinum.
Well after March 2019 it will all be different again in one way or another. We will then thankfully be rid of the bullying unelected Presidents and Merkel.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I keep popping back to this thread to see if any of our expats or legal boffs have contributed on the original topic, but no, it's turning in to a political spat, which is a shame :sleep:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back