Driving awareness course

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by g8ysn, Nov 3, 2015.

1. g8ysn

g8ysn Funster

Just paid £96 to Ollerton driver awareness course to be taken in December don't know what Asda driver will get probably a sticker Asda van 1 scooter 0 weather better in Skegness than in parts of Spain hopefully all are safe just informed my brother he is heading that way /

2. Poohbear

Poohbear Funster

Awareness of driving?

3. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

These courses make more money for the Police than fines which go to the exchequer direct. Same for speed aware courses. twenty people paying the fee and two courses per day at minimal cost to them to run.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Awareness whilst Driving

5. rikfos

rikfos Funster

Speeding?

6. PeteH

PeteH Funster

"Yes Constable, I am aware that all vehicles need a driver"? The last driver awareness course I took was called the HGV class 1! (then). Now that was a Proper course, driving the Renault Magnum, (block of flats on wheels!) Or occasionally the Scania, (4 over 4 box and split axle!) with 38ft Trailer, and trying to concentrate on not hitting too many (persons?) on bikes etc; all at once!. Now that gave me an awareness OK!. Cr888ped myself more than once. but passed first time with just 2 minor errors. As satisfying as getting my Chief`s ticket that!

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bacchus

Bacchus Funster

I used think that these courses were just money making exercises, and to some extent they are, but I had to do one a few years ago and I found it very good and decided to pay more attention to speeding. Driving into Huddersfield on a four lane A road, doing 35 in a 40 I got nicked again when it turned out to be a 30 and decided, sod it, when the buggers want to get you they'll find a way and reverted to driving at an appropriate speed and keeping an eye out for traps as I had been doing for thirty years prior. Big vote to the course, countered by a petty yorkshire constabulary (turns out that the speed limit dropped when going into a village 7 MILES previously, but didn't rever to 40 when leaving)

Favourite moment on the course was when we were asked to write down why we speed. All the yummy mummies writing about being late for school etc and I just wrote "because I enjoy it". Biker sitting opposite gave me the thumbs up and wrote the same (c:

8. wasp

wasp Funster

I put White Van Man on mine
    :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: